+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

dependant on my spouse financially

sweetdoll

Feb 17, 2006
United Kingdom
hi,

anyone have any information about if i, being a canadian citizen is financially dependant upon my indian national spouse, what will i have to do when making an application for sponsoring my spouse to Canada. any ideas out there ? :idea: :D ..................sweetdoll

BCbound

Star Member
Jan 4, 2005
As you are the Canadian citizen it is you who would be sponsoring your spouse. For a spousal application, you do not have to provide any information on your finances or how you would support your spouse during the sponsorship period.

It is wise to provide information however on what funds you and your spouse would be bringing with you to Canada to set yourselves up with.

BCbound

Star Member
Jan 4, 2005
I have just noticed in one post you say you have a boyfriend in India, now you say you have a husband who is Indian.

If you give conflicting information like this, you are not going to get clear answers on your situation. Make up your mind. Are you married or not?

sweetdoll

Feb 17, 2006
United Kingdom
BC Bound

i am sorry, i have so much on my mind that i have typed wrong, the indian guy is my boyfriend whom i met back in 2004....sorry again! i hope that clears things. thanks :D for the information, it is much appreciated.

BCbound

Star Member
Jan 4, 2005
OK look, first you have to read the CIC website. Posting all these different posts here for every little question is soon going to get people fed up with you. If you take the time to read the CIC website first you will start to know the answers to many of your questions. When you can't interpret what CIC says, then is the time to ask questions here.

First, you can't sponsor a boyfriend unless you have been living together for at least a year and can prove it with backup evidence as described on the CIC website under Spousal sponsorship. You have to sponsor him as your common-law spouse in that case.

navigary

Apr 8, 2014
hello , any one can give a feedback if i want to sponsor my wife and i am PR holder can i perform the the process if i am living out side Canada for temp period of one years , i want to know if is it possible or no

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
navigary said:
hello , any one can give a feedback if i want to sponsor my wife and i am PR holder can i perform the the process if i am living out side Canada for temp period of one years , i want to know if is it possible or no
I have replied to your other post about the same question. Also, it is considered bad practice to wake up a long-dead thread with a new question, especially when it's not related.

The answer to you is the same. No, you can't.