+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependant child: List of documents required

Riya Thomas

May 3, 2019
Me, my husband and our 1.5 yr old son landed in Canada with PR march 2018. I was the primary applicant. My husband is working as a full time employee earning Canadian salary in automobile sector. I am now pregnant with our second child. I am planing to deliver in India where all our parents and other family members are and where I can get good mental as well as physical support.

Please may I know the list of documents required and the steps involved in sponsoring our dependant child.

Riya Thomas

May 3, 2019
Please may I know if my husband can sponsor our child. If yes, should he apply from Canada or India? Also resources say that there is always a risk for the child to get stuck in India for a very very long time without getting a PR.

Please advise and help.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
A PR needs to be in Canada to sponsor family members who are outside Canada

Details here and could take many months to complete.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Understand your reasons for wanting to give birth in your home country but would be so much easier to give birth in Canada so the child gets citizenship straight away.

You could try to apply for a TRV for the new born to wait out the PR application in Canada although no guarantee would be approved.

Reactions: Riya Thomas