+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DEPENABIL, LEON SYCLLA - PLEASE HELP

TMAQ

Mar 20, 2016
Dear Depenabil, Syclla and Leon,

Please help

My PRTD was refused for not meeting the RO. I have been given 60 days to fie an appeal. The refusal letter also says I am entitled for the TD from CIC with the following conditions:

Having lived in Canada for atleast 1 day within last 365 days
Appeal has been filed OR
Period of 60 days to file an appeal is not expired.

Please advise: must I file an appeal to IAD and get a appeal number prior to making an request to visa post to issue the TD?

OR

Can I request visa post to issue me the Travel Documents within the period of 60 days allowed to file an appeal? as clearly mentioned in the OP-10 manual as well as in the refusal letter

What is the right procedure to contact visa post again to request to issue TD (I understand once the PRTD is refused, it can not be re-applied) so how to apply for the travel document.

Also how long it takes for visa post to respond on this request (they took 6 weeks to refuse the PRTD).

Your help is truly appreciated and I shall be grateful.

Thanks
tmaq

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can find a post with the same questions and some answers here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applying-for-appeal-t266111.0.html

You can also find some info directly from CIC here: http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/eng/boacom/references/procedures/pages/processresobl.aspx

TMAQ

Mar 20, 2016
Leon,

Thanks for the immediate response.

I have gone through the link provided but the confusion still exists.

If I must file an appeal first prior to request for TD, why have they mentioned in the OP-10 manual and in the Refusal letter also "TD to be issued within 60 days of appeal period which is not expired".

If I appeal what is the procedure to go back to via post to request for the TD.

The visa post is not open for public and we have to go through VAC. They are just clerks working a post office and you do not get any information from them. Upon checking with the staff within VAC, they mentioned all the refused PRTD applicants come back to them once their "appeal is approved" and we take their passports.

In my case, I was present in the Canada for more than 11 months within last 365 days so I am entitled for the TD, but hearing of appeal takes one to two years. So, am I supposed to wait here for 1 to 2 years just to get the TD?

Please help me as I need to know how can I go back to visa post with appeal number and request them to issue me TD.

I have my family back in Canada and they are really having tough time in my absence

Like most of the people on this forum, I am also in dire situation and really request help from the members to provide me with the requested information.

Thanks once again

tmaq

tinacraigg

Nov 16, 2013
nova scotia, canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Jan 22, 2016
Try consulting right away an immigration lawyer. Same thing happened to me last May 2015. After getting the PR refusal, my friend recommend me her lawyer. And from there, the lawyer was able to win the case. Goodluck buddy!

TMAQ

Mar 20, 2016
Tina,

Thanks for the response in this testing time.

Can you refer me to the lawyer who was able to help you out successfully. My PR was refused though I have clearly over stayed than 730 days from date of PRTD application and I do not know the reasons of refusal.

Appreciate your help.

TMAQ

TMAQ

Mar 20, 2016
MSAFIRI, DEPENABIL, LEON SYCLLA - PLEASE HELP

Dear Members,

I request your help as I am really in bad shape emotionally as well as financially

Msafiri,

I was reading one of your earlier posts to another poster that IAD directs CIC to issue the TD to apellant to attend the hearing in person, why the OP-10 manual as well as my refusal letter says "I AM ENTITLED FOR TD WITHIN THE PERIOD OF 60 DAYS GRANTED FOR APPEAL NOT EXPIRED"

I am totally confused and helpless here as I do not have any house (visiting this place temporarily and found myself in a state of "exile").

Kindly advise whether appeal to IAD prior to requesting for TD to the visa post is must and there are no chances of CIC granting me travel documents before the appeal.

Members, Any advice / help / support at this time is really appreciated and I shall be grateful.

Thanks
TMAQ

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you appealed for the TD? Have you applied for a new TD based on the letter? If not, then what are you waiting for?

TMAQ

Mar 20, 2016
LEON,

Thank you for the response.

I used to check on the forum if anyone had replied back and after many days I stopped visiting.

I did try on the basis of the letter from Visa Post but never received any response from them neither positive nor negative or clarifying whether I must file an appeal first.

Finally I had filed my appeal and now in the process of applying for the TD once again.

If you have any comments on this situation, please share with me

Thanks
TMAQ