+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dental student in Pakistan

LCMD12

Aug 30, 2016
Dear Friends,

I am a landed Canadian immigrant,a PR card holder.I am currently a full time dental student in one of the leading dental colleges in Pakistan. Its a 4 year program academically plus a 1 year house job(internship).

My studies is due to complete hopefully by the first quarter of 2017 after I which I am planning to return to Canada.Keen to pursue my studies further after graduating from Pakistan(2017), I intend to inquire about the prospects of my further studies in Canada in my respective field.

I, therefore request for step-wise guidance in helping me achieve my objective of pursuing my education and career there.

Contact me if any further details are required.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So how have you met the PR residency obligation being in Canada for 2 years out of last 5 years if you have been studying for the last 4 years plus 1 in Pakistan. Education outside Canada is a personal choice and does not provide a justification to avoid the need to meet residency obligation.

LCMD12

Aug 30, 2016
Hi!

Thnks for your prompt reply..

Yes I am aware of the residency obligation and I have already stayed for 14 months in Canada within the obliged period. I will be moving back to Canada as soon as I finish my studies in Pakistan and will still be left with some time before my PR gets expired.

I am writing to seek guidance on what my next step/s should be to pursue my further studies in dentistry in Canada. What possibilities/opportunities can I be exposed to for my career immediately after I graduate?

Looking forward for a quick reply.

Thanks...

LCMD12

Aug 30, 2016
Hi,

Is it compulsory that I take the 1 year practice/internship before I get back to Canada for my further studies???

I need guidance on this please.

Thnks!!

LCMD12

Aug 30, 2016
HI Friends!!

I am looking forward to your responses..

Guide me on this please...

Thanks in advance.

Rajian

Aug 3, 2016
Hi !

Your degree will have to be evaluated and You will have to do some study there for approx 2 - 3 years as BDS from any country except USA is not carrying any weight.

The whole process of getting into DDS in Canada is very time-consuming and costly affair (one year fee is approx 100,000 CAD). My two children are BDS from India, hence the knowledge.

Go for a Diploma in Dental Hygiene if you still want to be in your field.

Internship will have to be done from Pakistan. Canada does not allow it

Wasma

Apr 28, 2018
Hey I'm also a student of lcmd batch 14, I also need guidance I'm unfamiliar with the knowledge. I have done my BDS graduation in the year 2017 but have not yet done my internship. Is the one year housejob/ internship a necessity for applying for ndbe exams in canada as I want to peruse clinical work there? Kindly guide me with authentic knowledge on this issue

Semak

Sep 23, 2018
Hi!

Thnks for your prompt reply..

Yes I am aware of the residency obligation and I have already stayed for 14 months in Canada within the obliged period. I will be moving back to Canada as soon as I finish my studies in Pakistan and will still be left with some time before my PR gets expired.

I am writing to seek guidance on what my next step/s should be to pursue my further studies in dentistry in Canada. What possibilities/opportunities can I be exposed to for my career immediately after I graduate?

Looking forward for a quick reply.

Thanks...

Hi,
I wonder if you have managed to get into further studies in Canada ?
Actually my wife, she graduated and has same intention .
Could you please shed some light based on your personal experience.
Many Thanks in advance .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I wonder if you have managed to get into further studies in Canada ?
Actually my wife, she graduated and has same intention .
Could you please shed some light based on your personal experience.
Many Thanks in advance .
If you just look on this forum you'll see that there a ton of especially south east Asian dentist that are planning/have moved to Canada. Canada can only absorb so many dentist. In most decent sized cities in Canada there are a surplus of dentists already. I don't want to sound too pessimistic but some foreign trained dentist will probably have a much better quality of life in their home country. Many will not be able to practice as a dentist for various reasons like licensing, huge start-up costs, lack of patients to support a practice, etc.