+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

deniel

candycone0969

May 21, 2018
Hi There

I got a refusal letter

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

travel history

Purpose of visit

I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated
purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

I stated that i am visiting my friend for 35 days. (my annual leave and school holidays for my son). I have stated my purpose that im on holiday. I have sent and affidavit as well that we will return with the fathers permission i sent copy of his ID certified. I gave my employment letter with the dates , leave days and salary.

The invitation letter stated fee accommodation and food. The amount that would be in my account was $2000. the flight ticket was a return paid for already that was also added.

Please assist what to do

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I stated that i am visiting my friend for 35 days. (my annual leave and school holidays for my son). I have stated my purpose that im on holiday. I have sent and affidavit as well that we will return with the fathers permission i sent copy of his ID certified. I gave my employment letter with the dates , leave days and salary.

The invitation letter stated fee accommodation and food. The amount that would be in my account was $2000. the flight ticket was a return paid for already that was also added.
Unfortunately, a TRV refusal was expected in this case.

1. Have you traveled to other visa-required countries (US, UK, Schengen, Australia, NZ, etc)?

2. How old is your son? It seems like you applied for him too, right?

3. Who paid for the plane tickets? BTW it doesn't assure TRV approvals

4. Do you own property/land? Have other financial assets (CAD 2,000 is very low for a visit + applicants must prove they have the finances to afford the visit/financial incentive to return home)? Do you live with other dependent family members and can prove it?

candycone0969

May 21, 2018
Hi There

I got a refusal letter

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

travel history

Purpose of visit

I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated
purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

Please assist what to do

candycone0969

May 21, 2018
I have not travelled to any other countries this would be my first time.

Yes I applied for him as well, His 6 years old.

I paid for the plain ticket

No I don't own any property or have finacial assets.
Yes I live with my mother and sister

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Also CIC probably assumes you are visiting a boyfriend and may marry once in Canada and not return home. Very unusual location and length for your first trip and you have limited funds,

candycone0969

May 21, 2018
understand. next time when I will reapply I will shortened the trip. I just took all my leave. Im not sure how much funds I must have for my trip. I have given all the reason to come back home as per the affidavit as my childs father wouldnt allow him to stay that side my employement letter etc. My friend that is that side she is female. with all contat details on the letter. I dont understand what the visa is for when they ask you questions about your trtrip I answered everything truthfully with prove of contact.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Most people don't answer truthfully or leave out information so you have to read between the lines. That's why they ask for so many documents. They want to get a picture of your life versus what you have explained to them.