+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

denied visitor visa

Muj

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
Hello everyone.

I am currently residing in India (my home country) from Nov 2019. I lived in Canada for several years and finally came back to India (after around 14 months of overstay). I tried to regain entry by applying with a law firm for a study Permit application in 2021 and I was refused.

I dropped that idea and started working here for a mid-level company.

I applied twice for a visitor visa last year, however it was refused on the grounds of 'not enough assets' the first time. The second time, they said I don't have family ties. I agree with the officer’s decision since my sister and brother is currently in Canada on a PR. My mother is on a refugee status in Canada as well.

I wanted to visit my family for a week or so and so I was trying to enter Canada. I don’t have any intentions to stay back. I have a business here and enough assets (rental income) which supports me and family avenues.

I was considering applying for another one with a proper explanation but I have a feeling they wouldn’t be convinced.

Any lead on how do I go ahead on this? On a side note, I am not eligible yet for an express entry application and I don’t want to go that route since my plan is not to live in Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone.

I am currently residing in India (my home country) from Nov 2019. I lived in Canada for several years and finally came back to India (after around 14 months of overstay). I tried to regain entry by applying with a law firm for a study Permit application in 2021 and I was refused.

I dropped that idea and started working here for a mid-level company.

I applied twice for a visitor visa last year, however it was refused on the grounds of 'not enough assets' the first time. The second time, they said I don't have family ties. I agree with the officer’s decision since my sister and brother is currently in Canada on a PR. My mother is on a refugee status in Canada as well.

I wanted to visit my family for a week or so and so I was trying to enter Canada. I don’t have any intentions to stay back. I have a business here and enough assets (rental income) which supports me and family avenues.

I was considering applying for another one with a proper explanation but I have a feeling they wouldn’t be convinced.

Any lead on how do I go ahead on this? On a side note, I am not eligible yet for an express entry application and I don’t want to go that route since my plan is not to live in Canada.
Honest truth is that I don't think there's any chance of approval at this time between your immigration history in Canada and the fact your mother has claimed refugee status here. I think you'll have to wait a number of years and for something significant to change in your profile before there will be any point trying to apply again. The fact you were refused twice last year tells you everything you need to know. Your choices of course. You are free to apply again now. I think it's a waste of money.

Reactions: YVR123

Muj

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
Okay, it is a matter of me meeting my mother sometime and that's all I care about. I fail to understand why does it have to be this way where the intentions are uniting with my family and nothing else. @scylla

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Okay, it is a matter of me meeting my mother sometime and that's all I care about. I fail to understand why does it have to be this way where the intentions are uniting with my family and nothing else. @scylla
It's this way because of your choices (and your mothers). You've flagrantly disregarded the requirements of your TRV, so there isn't anyone to blame but yourself. Life's full of hard choices. You made yours....these are the consequences.

Reactions: bellaluna

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's because you overstayed your previous visa. Since you did not follow the laws and violated the terms of your visa, it's going to be difficult to be approved again.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Look at it this way .
Let’s say the business you’re working for in India did business with someone and they repeatedly never paid their bills . Would you do business with them moving forward ? No
Canada is the business, you’re the customer. You never followed the rules .
You just didn’t overstay a couple days . You flagrantly ignored the rules and overstayed more than a year . That should tell you something. Doesn’t help the fact your mother applied for asylum .
Canada isn’t saying you can’t meet your family , it just won’t be in Canada. Meet in a third country.
Let this be a learning moment for others that overstay their visas

Muj

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
I didn't ignore the rules and just stayed there to have fun. It was for a very specific reason. Life comes with a lot of challenges and every situation is unique. What I did was the best to my ability and situation.

Canada has laws laid down for their own convenience is what I believe because to the extend they let criminals come in after curing their inadmissiblity is unreal, on the other hand people who stayed for a genuine reason are not allowed to cure their inadmissibility. That is what is alarming and concerning the same time. I would like to think if you would advice the same for anyone with a criminal background but I know you wouldn't because law is fair to them and not someone who has been under pressure and did mistakes which were not avoidable in any circumstance. @Copingwithlife

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I didn't ignore the rules and just stayed there to have fun. It was for a very specific reason. Life comes with a lot of challenges and every situation is unique. What I did was the best to my ability and situation.

Canada has laws laid down for their own convenience is what I believe because to the extend they let criminals come in after curing their inadmissiblity is unreal, on the other hand people who stayed for a genuine reason are not allowed to cure their inadmissibility. That is what is alarming and concerning the same time. I would like to think if you would advice the same for anyone with a criminal background but I know you wouldn't because law is fair to them and not someone who has been under pressure and did mistakes which were not avoidable in any circumstance. @Copingwithlife
A TRV is a privilege not a right and you ignored the rules. You cannot say you didn’t ignore the rules. In fact, you violated them. Yes, Canada has its own laws and not for convenience. Staying and having fun is not a reason to overstay. Your mom claimed asylum, you overstayed, your siblings live in Canada so chances are very low. Meet in a third country to see your family.

Muj

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
If you are saying this you certainly don't see beyond rules, the uncertainty life throws and what people struggle with. Cus you see nothing beyond canada and law.
The fact that I won't get a visa has been genuine given the mistakes I did and I'm aware of those,but that doesn't determine that my struggles and life story has not been the real reason behind it. @Naturgrl

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015

"Having fun" wasn't avoidable in any circumstance? Interesting take.

You flaunted the laws, you pay the price. As for "law for their own convenience", that's for Canadians to deal with, not foreign nationals.

Muj

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
"Having fun" wasn't avoidable in any circumstance? Interesting take.

You flaunted the laws, you pay the price. As for "law for their own convenience", that's for Canadians to deal with, not foreign nationals.
I don't know if you know how to read and understand. I said I wasn't having fun in Canada overstaying. I had own personal reasons which you don't even know about.
If you think only canadians have the convenience to deal with canadian law you are are in a denial. Mexicans have abused the law way more and so did people from the states and then comes other people through different parts of the world.

The reason canada doesn't and can't take them seriously is because canada is an immigrant country and can't risk losing economy run by foreign people who stay there. Good luck with canadians living a high standard life if we as immigrants didn't work and study by paying thrice as much.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
If you are saying this you certainly don't see beyond rules, the uncertainty life throws and what people struggle with. Cus you see nothing beyond canada and law.
The fact that I won't get a visa has been genuine given the mistakes I did and I'm aware of those,but that doesn't determine that my struggles and life story has not been the real reason behind it. @Naturgrl
Believe it or not, Canada doesn’t care what your reasons for overstaying are. Having a guilty conscience won’t magically lead to a TRV being granted. Remorse is lip service; your immigration history is cold, hard fact of your actions. Guess which criterion they’d rather believe?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Has your mother been granted protected status? Getting asylum from India is fairly unusual from India? Even if your mother has applied for asylum that will also make visiting much more difficult for you. That would also impact whether your mother can leave Canada.