+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Denied Visa

NatashaTS

Aug 12, 2019
Hello,

I really need some help, i am a canadian citizen and i lived a few years in Morocco and i got married...i've been married 3 years and i just had a baby here in Canada i didn't want to give birth in Morocco.
I couldn't sponsor my husband because i didn't have the cash nor did i work enough time(i came back to Canada in december and i was giving birth in June/July), so i wanted to ask for a visitor visa for my husband so he can help me and see the baby and later on i would sponsor him even if he had to go back to Morocco for a while.
The important thing was i wanted him to see the baby and even with the invitation letter and doctor certificat he was denied his visa, I'm still not in the position to sponsor him and i really need to see my husband and he needs to see he's baby (born on the 1st July).
The reason of denial was no proof he would go back to he's contry after he's stay, i need to know how to proceed do i appeal or re apply?and what documents should i give to get a positive response?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I really need some help, i am a canadian citizen and i lived a few years in Morocco and i got married...i've been married 3 years and i just had a baby here in Canada i didn't want to give birth in Morocco.
I couldn't sponsor my husband because i didn't have the cash nor did i work enough time(i came back to Canada in december and i was giving birth in June/July), so i wanted to ask for a visitor visa for my husband so he can help me and see the baby and later on i would sponsor him even if he had to go back to Morocco for a while.
The important thing was i wanted him to see the baby and even with the invitation letter and doctor certificat he was denied his visa, I'm still not in the position to sponsor him and i really need to see my husband and he needs to see he's baby (born on the 1st July).
The reason of denial was no proof he would go back to he's contry after he's stay, i need to know how to proceed do i appeal or re apply?and what documents should i give to get a positive response?
Unfortunately he is unlikely to get a visa because his ties to Canada are stronger than in Canada. Are you on social assistance? If not you can apply to sponsor your spouse if you can prove you can support yourselves even if it with it is with family financial support. Your Canadian family will have to provide financial documents proving they have the savings to support you.

Reactions: NatashaTS

NatashaTS

Aug 12, 2019
Thank you for answering, no im not on welfare but i'm not working right now to take care of the baby.
I don't have family here that can do that for me.
If i wanted to sponsor my husband what is the criteria exactly?
Thanks again

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for answering, no im not on welfare but i'm not working right now to take care of the baby.
I don't have family here that can do that for me.
If i wanted to sponsor my husband what is the criteria exactly?
Thanks again
You have to prove you can support your family without government support. Expect that the sponsorship process will take around 12 months. You could return to Morocco and apply from there if you can prove that you will return to Canada once you receive PR and that you have the means to support your family without government help.

NatashaTS

Aug 12, 2019
You have to prove you can support your family without government support. Expect that the sponsorship process will take around 12 months. You could return to Morocco and apply from there if you can prove that you will return to Canada once you receive PR and that you have the means to support your family without government help.
Sorry i didn't catch that...i can go to Morocco and sponsor my husband and once HE has PR i have to prove we can live without goverment support?
Because i wouldn't need PR im a canadian citizen.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sorry i didn't catch that...i can go to Morocco and sponsor my husband and once HE has PR i have to prove we can live without goverment support?
Because i wouldn't need PR im a canadian citizen.
Yes as a Canadian citizen you can sponsor a spouse while living abroad as long as you can prove that you will relocate to Canada once your spouse gets PR and that you have the funds to support yourselves while in Canada. Proving that you intend to relocate isn’t that easy though so you’ll need to convince the visa officers. You can see other posts on this issue.