+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Denial of canadian visa

eleclpj

Feb 11, 2017
I applied for canadian visa online Feb 6. I received an email response Feb 9 saying I was refused. The atteched letter of refusal did not even contain my name and the reasons for denial were not checked.

Is this valid response?

What can I do to make sure I will be approved this time?

i am a filipino citizen, retired seaman for 2 years, has real properties in the Philippines. I have a valid US visa. My wife who is working as a school administrator has a canadian visa issued last year.

Some mentioned about an affidavit to support connections in the Philippines. Can somebody share with me a sample affidavit?

Danish421

Sep 6, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2004
LANDED..........
04-09-2004
eleclpj said:
I applied for canadian visa online Feb 6. I received an email response Feb 9 saying I was refused. The atteched letter of refusal did not even contain my name and the reasons for denial were not checked.

Is this valid response?
Sometimes checking on phone or open in computer with old Adobe Reader version you can miss containing information.

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
Danish421 said:
Sometimes checking on phone or open in computer with old Adobe Reader version you can miss containing information.
Pls
let me know I did apply on 20 jan online .
Normally how many days they take to refuse like in above case they just took 3 days ,Normally what's the chances of denied ?
Thanks

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
eleclpj said:

Is this valid response?

What can I do to make sure I will be approved this time?

i am a filipino citizen, retired seaman for 2 years, has real properties in the Philippines. I have a valid US visa. My wife who is working as a school administrator has a canadian visa issued last year.

Some mentioned about an affidavit to support connections in the Philippines. Can somebody share with me a sample affidavit?
As mentioned, open the PDF on a computer using Adobe Reader, share the reasons for refusal and what exactly did you submit for those items.

An affidavit isn't really that much of a help without the documents to support it.

eleclpj

Feb 11, 2017
bellaluna said:
As mentioned, open the PDF on a computer using Adobe Reader, share the reasons for refusal and what exactly did you submit for those items.

An affidavit isn't really that much of a help without the documents to support it.
Reasons:
1) Not satisified that I would leave Canada at the end of the stay
1a) travel history
1b) personal assets and financial status
Documents submitted: entry and exit stamps of passports
Certificate of titles of properties
Bank certificates

2) You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your host's income/assets
Documents: none

My wife is travelling with me. I am planning to declare that I depend on her for support so I will submit her Income Tax Return, Certificate of employment and salary, her bank deposits. Will this help?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
eleclpj said:
Reasons:
1) Not satisified that I would leave Canada at the end of the stay
1a) travel history
1b) personal assets and financial status
Documents submitted: entry and exit stamps of passports
Certificate of titles of properties
Bank certificates

2) You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your host's income/assets
Documents: none

My wife is travelling with me. I am planning to declare that I depend on her for support so I will submit her Income Tax Return, Certificate of employment and salary, her bank deposits. Will this help?
Is it possible you did not upload your documents completely or correctly? You can only upload one document at a time...you have to merge multiple documents into one PDF per requirement.
You say you have a US visa, so I find it a bit incongruent that Canada stated those as the reasons for refusing you. This sounds like a poorly prepared application to me.

1b) Did you submit bank statements from the last 4 months?

2. Who did you declare as your host in Canada?

Sure, submit your wife's financials.

eleclpj

Feb 11, 2017
bellaluna said:
Is it possible you did not upload your documents completely or correctly? You can only upload one document at a time...you have to merge multiple documents into one PDF per requirement.
You say you have a US visa, so I find it a bit incongruent that Canada stated those as the reasons for refusing you. This sounds like a poorly prepared application to me.

1b) Did you submit bank statements from the last 4 months?

2. Who did you declare as your host in Canada?

Sure, submit your wife's financials.

It is possible that I may have uploaded unclear documents or incomplete docs that is why I am reapplying, being careful this time.

My bank certification has an average daily balance. Maybe I should get a statement not a certification.
I submitted my account balance from the university cooperative of my wife which is quite adequate. This time, I am sending the certifcate of registration of the cooperative with the Phil government to authenticate its existence.

Our hosts are my wife's brother and his wife. I am submitting their income tax assessments, their residential house tax assessment, car registrations, our booked hotels for the vacation, marriage certificate. What else do I think I should submit?

Is is advisable to make a summary of our assets and our trips abroad to facilitate vallidation? The entry and exit stamps on the passports may not be very organized.

Thank you for your time.
My bank statement has

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Yes, they definitely look for bank statements (at least past 4 months), not just the certificate. Submit the statements *and* the certificate for all bank accounts you will submit, yours and your wife's.

Also submit your brother-in-law's passport bio data page and certificate of employment *if possible*, and a letter of invitation from him.

Is is advisable to make a summary of our assets and our trips abroad to facilitate vallidation? The entry and exit stamps on the passports may not be very organized.
Yes, this is a good idea, and this is also what I did. Especially since you say you were a seaman, I'm sure your travel history is very long. Also submit your past visas.

The other seniors here also advise sometimes to include a cover letter that addresses the reasons for refusal.

Ask for help to merge your documents into one PDF file per requirement (4 MB max) for the upload, or if you have trouble with this, you may consider doing a paper application instead via VFS Global.

Like you said, be careful, and this time, I think you will get approved if you submit the complete requirements. Good luck.

eleclpj

Feb 11, 2017
Just a clarification on my online application, did I commit a mistake of uploading more than one files for each required item? I see only my last file acknowledged.

Will I revoke my old gc key and apply a new one? It's past 60 days.

The nearest VFS office is on another island so I need to apply online.

Will the cover letter be inserted in one of the requirements or part of the optional documents? Am sorry for my detailed inquiries. Thank you so much for your time.

heyven100

May 13, 2016
Shanwari said:
Pls
let me know I did apply on 20 jan online .
Normally how many days they take to refuse like in above case they just took 3 days ,Normally what's the chances of denied ?
Thanks
my husband also applied jan 20 to visit me (im canadian citizen) and we got a denial on feb 10 -- reasons were they he didnt show enuf ties to his country of residence and that the will return. we didnt show a confirmed ticket actually :p cz he will fly with special ticket and the time his name was still being processed for this special ticket so i guess they didnt understand.

heyven100

May 13, 2016
bellaluna said:
Yes, they definitely look for bank statements (at least past 4 months), not just the certificate. Submit the statements *and* the certificate for all bank accounts you will submit, yours and your wife's.

Also submit your brother-in-law's passport bio data page and certificate of employment *if possible*, and a letter of invitation from him.

Yes, this is a good idea, and this is also what I did. Especially since you say you were a seaman, I'm sure your travel history is very long. Also submit your past visas.

The other seniors here also advise sometimes to include a cover letter that addresses the reasons for refusal.

Ask for help to merge your documents into one PDF file per requirement (4 MB max) for the upload, or if you have trouble with this, you may consider doing a paper application instead via VFS Global.

Like you said, be careful, and this time, I think you will get
approved if you submit the complete requirements. Good luck.
hi just quick question; my husbands visit visa was denied, and his purpose was to visit me while our sponsorship papers r processed; he marked travel history and purpose of trip, reasons for refusal

-my husband only made 2 trips to uae, so we included the visa stamps
-we wrote letter for purpose of trip, to be with his wife cz we have been living apart for awhile

so what can i do to improve this???

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
eleclpj said:
Just a clarification on my online application, did I commit a mistake of uploading more than one files for each required item? I see only my last file acknowledged.
YES, that's why I'm telling you you should merge multiple documents into one PDF file per requirement.
If you tried to upload multiple files per slot, only the last file would have been seen by the officer.
On paper, you seem to have a good profile, that's why I thought your application was rejected because of missing documents.

Will I revoke my old gc key and apply a new one? It's past 60 days.
GCKey refers to the login details. It does not have an expiration, so no need to revoke it. You can use the same MyCIC account to make a new application.

The nearest VFS office is on another island so I need to apply online.
VFS Global will accept paper applications sent via courier (LBC, 2Go, etc.). If you're far from the VFS office, then I can see why online is easier for you. Just ask for help to merge PDFs or Google "merge PDF" to combine your documents if you insist on applying online. Sorry, I don't know exactly how to do it on Windows, so I can't help you with the exact procedure. Do you have a techie relative or friend who can help you?

Will the cover letter be inserted in one of the requirements or part of the optional documents? Am sorry for my detailed inquiries. Thank you so much for your time.
If you're referring to the cover letter for the reasons for refusal, you can include that in the "Purpose of Travel" part, or if there is an optional "Letter of Explanation" slot.
But you may also need a cover letter for your travel history, for example, so insert a page before your visas and stamps.

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
heyven100 said:
hi just quick question; my husbands visit visa was denied, and his purpose was to visit me while our sponsorship papers r processed; he marked travel history and purpose of trip, reasons for refusal

-my husband only made 2 trips to uae, so we included the visa stamps
-we wrote letter for purpose of trip, to be with his wife cz we have been living apart for awhile

so what can i do to improve this???
Your husband might have been refused based on his reason of wanting to be wife because been separated for long. For that reason, you will have to wait for the PR. You should give reason like attending some celebration which is very short like a week or less

eleclpj

Feb 11, 2017
Thank you very much. I will reapply within the week. Our travel will be on March 27. You have been of much help.