AOR Received.
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
16-06-2015
Passport Req..
11-12-2015
Dear Friends,

Need help / suggestions.

I had applied I had applied for the PR through EE. I received an email from CIC asking me to prove my Intention to move outside the Province of Quebec.
I am currently on the Study Permit an in Montreal.

Could you please help me what are the supporting documents I need to provide? Or just a letter would be sufficient?

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Please note that your file is in process and will continue to be processed at the Case Processing PilotOttawa
(“CPP-O”) office.

I am writing you this letter to remind you that the Federal Skilled Worker class is prescribed as a class of
persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their experience in Canada and who intend
to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec. The onus is on you to demonstrate that
you intend to reside in a province other than Quebec. If it is your intent to remain in Quebec, you are
not eligible in the category. If you intend to reside in Quebec we invite you to review the selection
criteria for applicants destined to Quebec.

Please submit proof of your intention to reside in a province other than the province of Quebec by
October 27, 2015.

Information can be found at the web site of the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés
culturelles (MICC) at: www.micc.gouv.qc.ca/fr/index.asp.

Please note that in order to land at a CIC office / Port of Entry in Quebec you will need to
demonstrate that you are in possession of a Certificate de Selection du Québec (CSQ) .
Thank you for your interest in Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
They're definitely looking for more than a letter. If you search this forum you'll find examples of the types of responses people have given.

A few options include:
- Obtaining a job offer outside of Quebec
- Obtaining acceptance from a school outside of Quebec that has agreed you can transfer your studies there and continue your education there
- Proof you have actually moved outside of Quebec

Again, I would look through the older threads on this forum - there are some good suggestions there.

qwop4321

Nov 7, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
16-06-2015
Passport Req..
11-12-2015
I was working Full Time From Sep 2012 to Jun 30, 2015. I just joined the full time course in Concordia in Fall 2015.

I have applied for Ontario Universities. After the admission approval, I will be transferring the to other universities.

chaitanyaprsd1 said:
By when you will finish your studies in Quebec?

chaitanyaprsd1

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I read something on this forum 2 weeks ago that a student from Quebec who will be completing his studies in April 2016 was rejected as the VO did not get convinced with the explanation provided by the PA. If you search for that thread you may find some useful info.

I wish you cross this barrier and get your PR soon. Good luck.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Hard to say any thing while being a student.

Generally me or many of my friends used some of the following ways

a) Find job outside or transfer to same employer's another office which lets them live in Ontario
b) Even if you haven't found a job, proof of having interviewed and attempted so
c) Some realistic plan in the letter of exactly how you would execute it with supporting evidence
d) Some people actually have moved by the time they might receive this letter and have already updated their information with CIC like new address / license / utility bills etc.

qwop4321

Nov 7, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
16-06-2015
Passport Req..
11-12-2015
Thank you guys for the suggestions.

I am gathering other documents along with the letter from my previous employer offering me the conditional full time permanent employment upon receipt of my PR and support my moving out of quebec.

I am also applying for Other Universities in Ontario to support my plan to take-up the Studies in Ontario.

Also, I previously had been rejected for the CSQ. Can I show / mention that also as my earlier effort to settle in quebec? Or will this be a backfire?

Suggestions please.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qwop4321 said:

I am gathering other documents along with the letter from my previous employer offering me the conditional full time permanent employment upon receipt of my PR and support my moving out of quebec.

I am also applying for Other Universities in Ontario to support my plan to take-up the Studies in Ontario.

Also, I previously had been rejected for the CSQ. Can I show / mention that also as my earlier effort to settle in quebec? Or will this be a backfire?

Suggestions please.
Why do you want to tell them about your rejection when they didn't ask for this info? Besides they can already see that you were previously rejected. Don't complicate things.

chaitanyaprsd1

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qwop4321 said:

Suggestions please.
If your CSQ has been rejected earlier, have you not mentioned it in statutory questions (question 3)?

qwop4321

Nov 7, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
16-06-2015
Passport Req..
11-12-2015
chaitanyaprsd1 said:
If your CSQ has been rejected earlier, have you not mentioned it in statutory questions (question 3)?
Hi chaitanyaprsd1, yes. I already had mentioned 'Yes' for the statutory question. What I am referring in my above comment is "should I be specific" about the rejection or should I just show them my arrangements to move to Ontario. Any suggestions?

qwop4321

Nov 7, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
16-06-2015
Passport Req..
11-12-2015
Anya654 said:
Why do you want to tell them about your rejection when they didn't ask for this info? Besides they can already see that you were previously rejected. Don't complicate things.
Anya654. I agree with you comment. I will ensure I provide them all the required details they have asked instead of adding information which they have not asked for.

chaitanyaprsd1

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have already mentioned in your PR application about the CSQ rejection, don't mention anything about it again.

Just list all the points you have to support your claim that you will move out of Quebec once your PR is issued.

I wish you all good luck with your application. Hope you receive your PPR soon.

rsharp

May 13, 2019
Hello all,

To begin with, here are my details:
I currently reside in Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Applied FSW on March 2019
On April 2019 got my application cancelled by IRCC, Reason - I had selected 'Quebec' as my preferred province (I did not know Quebec does not accept FSW- it was an inadvertent mistake).

Applied FSW again, selected 'Ontario' this time
AOR - 03 May 2019
on 10/09/2019 - received a letter asking for:

">An explanation letter, stating your intention to reside in Ontario as declared
> Any substantiating evidence of your intention to reside in Ontario, such as job postings you have applied for in Ontario and/or any ties you may have within the province"

I have not applied for any jobs in Ontario yet because I was waiting for PPR before applying for jobs and moving there. I have 6 days to respond to this concern from IRCC. And only tie I have with Ontario is a friend of mine who lives there.

Please help me in guiding me how to answer this concern from IRCC. I would greatly appreciate this.

Many thank to you in advance!