+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Demonstrate intent to reside in Ontario while in the US

Lp66

Oct 19, 2020
Hello,
I recently received a NOI from Ontario from their tech draw. I'm going through the OINP application process.
I have a strong intent to reside in Ontario, just based on my NOC 2147 and the good probability of a successful professional career in Ontario's tech hub. I plan to describe this in my letter of intent.
What I am not so sure about is how to deal with my perceived ties to the US, and will it detrimentally impact the PNP application. I am originally from India and have been in the US now for 10 years (the usual F1 Master's, H1b, approved I140 indefinite wait). Do I owe any explanation in the letter regarding the fact that I have ties to the US, but still willing to uproot and move to Ontario?

I could be overthinking this, but I did read somewhere on this forum that stronger ties to US than the province has been a reason of rejection for PNP applications.

Any insight on this is appreciated. Thanks.

akmh1b

Mar 6, 2018
Hi,
In your letter of intent highlight 1. How your fields relevance in Ontario. 2. If you have a branch of your present or past employer in Ontario mention that and if you have worked with a team you can mention that. 3. You can do a job search in your background and mention how you have opportunity to grow through your immigration. 4. You can mention any relations (friends, distant cousin etc) and how they have highly talked about it 5. If you ever visited Ontario mention how you liked the visit

Do not mention anything of interest in sticking around in US. You don't want to sow doubt in the person who is processing that you plan to use PR as a backup. your pending GC in US isn't much of much concern. The purpose of PNP is you will live in that province. If you highlight too much ties with US it will show you are not planning to move thus defeating purpose of provincial nomination.