+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delivery after landing in British Columbia

complicated research

Jul 7, 2016
hi there,

Can anyone provide information on baby delivery associated costs in the BC province, for the folks who are in the 90-day waiting period for the MSP to activate? I think private insurance doesn't cover delivery/infant care costs.

Thanks.

-CR

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi there,

Can anyone provide information on baby delivery associated costs in the BC province, for the folks who are in the 90-day waiting period for the MSP to activate? I think private insurance doesn't cover delivery/infant care costs.

Thanks.

-CR
10-20K for mother if there are no expensive complications and 20k per day if the child ends up in the NICU. A deposit is usually needed. Based on your previous posts you may be waiting for citizenship abroad. Are you remaining in BC for over 6 months?

complicated research

Jul 7, 2016
10-20K for mother if there are no expensive complications and 20k per day if the child ends up in the NICU. A deposit is usually needed. Based on your previous posts you may be waiting for citizenship abroad. Are you remaining in BC for over 6 months?
Thanks for you reply. I was inquiring for a family member.

And yeah, I am still waiting for citizenship and currently in Canada.

complicated research

Jul 7, 2016
Is your family member a PR already? Do they have permission to come to Canada at the moment based on the travel restrictions?
No, they haven't received their PR yet (though the recent status update suggests that their application is ready to finalize). We are currently considering all the scenarios we'd be in once PR comes through. I highly doubt the approval will come soon given the ongoing pandemic.
Fingers crossed!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No, they haven't received their PR yet (though the recent status update suggests that their application is ready to finalize). We are currently considering all the scenarios we'd be in once PR comes through. I highly doubt the approval will come soon given the ongoing pandemic.
Fingers crossed!
That would mean they need special authorization to enter Canada. Insurance doesn't cove delivery unless the policy was purchased before she got pregnant. If they have the baby in their home country they could just add to baby to their PR application and resubmit.