+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delhi VO requesting RPRF & PCC for childs sponsorship App - Need urgent advice

The_Dark_Knight

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Hi Folks,

Need urgent help & guidance.

Context
I had submitted my child's Sponsorship application in Canada in Feb 2017.
After sponsorship approval in March, the file was forwarded to New Delhi Visa office. So far so good.

Last week, I had received following email from Delhi Visa Office, which is very confusing & kind of self contradictory.

From many of my friends I have heard that IRCC sends such emails in batches & it is one such generic email & I need not act.
But I obviously don't want to take chances, so turning to the forum

If you could please have a look at the email excerpt below & my questions and provide your guidance & advice, I would be very grateful.

Questions
The highlighted portion of the email are where my questions centered :

Q1. My dependent Child is just less than an year old & as such RPRF fee doesn't apply to dependent children <18 years. Then why are they asking for it ?

Q2. I read the line quoted below multiple times, but I fail to decipher it :
Proof of payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga or by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid.

What does this mean ?...Is IRCC expecting the RPRF fee receipt to be submitted @ CPC Mississauga. ?
I don't mind paying for it, but by their own rules, RPRF doesn't apply for dependent kids. Then why are they asking for it ?

Q3. Police Clearance certificates
The second bullet point asks for 'Police Clearance certificates'. But then goes on to emphasize that its not needed for dependent children <18 yrs of age.
What I am I suppose to do here.

Q4. There is a para about 'If you are a Citizen of Afghanistan...'
This is completely out of place. My dependent child is born in India, which is very much mentioned in Application forms. Then why is the email saying 'If you are citizen of Afghanistan....'. Don't they know it already ?
Is this really a generic email ?

Q5. The bottom of the email says 'PLEASE RETURN A COPY OF THIS LETTER WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS'
Its not mentioned where the requested documents are supposed to be sent...Is it CPC Mississauga or Visa Office in Delhi ?

Email from Delhi VO
-----------

Dear <Sponsored Applicant Name> :

We have received your application for permanent residence in Canada and have created a file with the file number indicated above. Please quote this file number in all future correspondence with our office.

In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide the following as soon as possible:

· Proof of payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga or by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid. Note: dependent children are not required to pay the Right of Permanent Resident Fee.
· Submission of police clearance certificates for you and all dependent family members who are 18 years or older
, for time spent in any country for a period of 6 months or more, if not already submitted. Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country.

IF YOU ARE A NATIONAL OF AFGHANISTAN:

· All males aged 15 and above and all females aged 18 and above must complete supplementary information forms. You and your dependents must complete these forms whether or not they are accompanying you to Canada. Please write your file number on every page of the form. The form can be found at page 22 of the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3911e.pdf
PLEASE RETURN A COPY OF THIS LETTER WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS. This request is not a guarantee of visa issuance. If any other documents have been requested you must also comply with that request. Failure to comply with the request may result in the refusal of your application.

FrostiRose

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
Doc's Request.
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Request
16-02-2017
Med's Done....
28-02-2017
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
Don't do anything, your friends are right, that's a generic email from the visa office. Only worry about what's applicable for you, which in this case seems to be nothing based on your info and the email you received.

Kinji84

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-11-03
Nomination.....
2015-02-03
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
Med's Request
2015-04-01
Med's Done....
2015-04-21
Interview........
Passport Req..
2015-06-21
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-03
LANDED..........
2015-09-30
Hi Folks,

Need urgent help & guidance.

Context
I had submitted my child's Sponsorship application in Canada in Feb 2017.
After sponsorship approval in March, the file was forwarded to New Delhi Visa office. So far so good.

Last week, I had received following email from Delhi Visa Office, which is very confusing & kind of self contradictory.

From many of my friends I have heard that IRCC sends such emails in batches & it is one such generic email & I need not act.
But I obviously don't want to take chances, so turning to the forum

If you could please have a look at the email excerpt below & my questions and provide your guidance & advice, I would be very grateful.

Questions
The highlighted portion of the email are where my questions centered :

Q1. My dependent Child is just less than an year old & as such RPRF fee doesn't apply to dependent children <18 years. Then why are they asking for it ?

Q2. I read the line quoted below multiple times, but I fail to decipher it :
Proof of payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga or by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid.

What does this mean ?...Is IRCC expecting the RPRF fee receipt to be submitted @ CPC Mississauga. ?
I don't mind paying for it, but by their own rules, RPRF doesn't apply for dependent kids. Then why are they asking for it ?

Q3. Police Clearance certificates
The second bullet point asks for 'Police Clearance certificates'. But then goes on to emphasize that its not needed for dependent children <18 yrs of age.
What I am I suppose to do here.

Q4. There is a para about 'If you are a Citizen of Afghanistan...'
This is completely out of place. My dependent child is born in India, which is very much mentioned in Application forms. Then why is the email saying 'If you are citizen of Afghanistan....'. Don't they know it already ?
Is this really a generic email ?

Q5. The bottom of the email says 'PLEASE RETURN A COPY OF THIS LETTER WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS'
Its not mentioned where the requested documents are supposed to be sent...Is it CPC Mississauga or Visa Office in Delhi ?

Email from Delhi VO
-----------

Dear <Sponsored Applicant Name> :

We have received your application for permanent residence in Canada and have created a file with the file number indicated above. Please quote this file number in all future correspondence with our office.

In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide the following as soon as possible:

· Proof of payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga or by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid. Note: dependent children are not required to pay the Right of Permanent Resident Fee.
· Submission of police clearance certificates for you and all dependent family members who are 18 years or older
, for time spent in any country for a period of 6 months or more, if not already submitted. Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country.

IF YOU ARE A NATIONAL OF AFGHANISTAN:

· All males aged 15 and above and all females aged 18 and above must complete supplementary information forms. You and your dependents must complete these forms whether or not they are accompanying you to Canada. Please write your file number on every page of the form. The form can be found at page 22 of the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3911e.pdf
PLEASE RETURN A COPY OF THIS LETTER WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS. This request is not a guarantee of visa issuance. If any other documents have been requested you must also comply with that request. Failure to comply with the request may result in the refusal of your application.

Hello,

Did you submitted anything? PCC or RPRF? please, share your experience here.

thank you,

Kinji84

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-11-03
Nomination.....
2015-02-03
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
Med's Request
2015-04-01
Med's Done....
2015-04-21
Interview........
Passport Req..
2015-06-21
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-03
LANDED..........
2015-09-30
Hi

You don't submit either for a dependent child sponsorship.

Thank You,

have to start application for my daughter to sponsor her. here is my situation

I and my wife for got PR status after short landing in late 2015 and at that time we were in USA on H1 visa. My daughter was born in december 2016 in USA. we moved to canada in January 2018 for good. I am still working for my USA company and getting Paycheck from them. My wife just started working (cash job for now). As of now My daughter is in India with my parents. (I can bring her to canada on visitor visa but I want her to spend some time with my parents)

I need some help to get started my daughters application. Please, let me know what are documents and forms are necessary to file her application. Should it be Inland application or out land? Should I choose India visa office or USA visa office or canada visa office? Should I start process by myself or need hire any lawyer? Any good recommendation lawyer in canada?

Thank you,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank You,

have to start application for my daughter to sponsor her. here is my situation

I and my wife for got PR status after short landing in late 2015 and at that time we were in USA on H1 visa. My daughter was born in december 2016 in USA. we moved to canada in January 2018 for good. I am still working for my USA company and getting Paycheck from them. My wife just started working (cash job for now). As of now My daughter is in India with my parents. (I can bring her to canada on visitor visa but I want her to spend some time with my parents)

I need some help to get started my daughters application. Please, let me know what are documents and forms are necessary to file her application. Should it be Inland application or out land? Should I choose India visa office or USA visa office or canada visa office? Should I start process by myself or need hire any lawyer? Any good recommendation lawyer in canada?

Thank you,
If by cash job, you mean she is not declaring her income, tax fraud is not a good way to start life in Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

You don't need a lawyer.