+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DELHI TO TORONTO UNDER OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP PR BUT CONNECTION VIA MONTREAL WITH AIR CANADA

SidSom

Nov 16, 2021
Hi everyone
My husband is coming to join me in Toronto for his first landing on Jan 15, 2021. He has PR under family sponsorship.
We have booked his international flights " Delhi - Toronto" with a 2-hour connection in Montreal (Quebec).

I want to know if there is any restriction which states that the first landing should be in Toronto?
  • Will Border Control in Montreal Airport allow him to enter and take his connection flight to Toronto (Domestic Flight) without going to the immigration office in Montreal airport?
  • Where will his immigration process take place- Montreal or Toronto?
  • Is there any COVID restriction in Quebec? He is fully vaccinated.
What should we expect like the process and time it will take because he has only 2 hour wait time. Has anyone been in the same situation please share your experience?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone
My husband is coming to join me in Toronto for his first landing on Jan 15, 2021. He has PR under family sponsorship.
We have booked his international flights " Delhi - Toronto" with a 2-hour connection in Montreal (Quebec).

I want to know if there is any restriction which states that the first landing should be in Toronto?
  • Will Border Control in Montreal Airport allow him to enter and take his connection flight to Toronto (Domestic Flight) without going to the immigration office in Montreal airport?
  • Where will his immigration process take place- Montreal or Toronto?
  • Is there any COVID restriction in Quebec? He is fully vaccinated.
What should we expect like the process and time it will take because he has only 2 hour wait time. Has anyone been in the same situation please share your experience?
Immigration will take place in Montreal and not in Toronto. This is because Montreal is the first Canadian city he will reach. A 2 hour connection is tight and he may not make his connecting flight. Can you change this to a 4-5 hour connection?

SidSom

Nov 16, 2021
Immigration will take place in Montreal and not in Toronto. This is because Montreal is the first Canadian city he will reach. A 2 hour connection is tight and he may not make his connecting flight. Can you change this to a 4-5 hour connection?
Oh my god. I need to check because the tickets are crazy unavailable right now. Everything is booked.

Have you been in the same situation? Can you share the entire process please.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Oh my god. I need to check because the tickets are crazy unavailable right now. Everything is booked.

Have you been in the same situation? Can you share the entire process please.
Usually there are many flights between Montreal and Toronto everyday so you will likely be able to find a later flight. He needs to pick up his luggage and check-in again on top of going through the landing process. Really depends n how many others are landing at the same time as you. There is a good chance there will be a combination of international students, PRs and WP holders at that ime of year so agree you should have a longer buffer time

SidSom

Nov 16, 2021
So my travel agent has found 4 hour later flight to Toronto. Will that do?

In case he misses the flight to Toronto will he need to pay for the another flight?

Also, so he needs to take his 2 bags from the trolley and go through the entire check in process again like he will do from Delhi to Montreal?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So my travel agent has found 4 hour later flight to Toronto. Will that do?

In case he misses the flight to Toronto will he need to pay for the another flight?

Also, so he needs to take his 2 bags from the trolley and go through the entire check in process again like he will do from Delhi to Montreal?
Four hours may or may not be enough. It's better than 2 hours but impossible to say if that will give him enough time.

As long as he is traveling on a single ticket purchased with a single airline, the airline should put him on the next flight without charge if he misses the first one.

He will need to pick up his 2 bags and take them with him through immigration and then drop them off so that they can be loaded for the next flight. He will not have to go through the entire check-in process again, However he will need to pick up his bags.

SidSom

Nov 16, 2021
Yes he is traveling with the same airline - Air Canada on a single ticket.

That's why I am confused. If he is traveling with the same airline then why does he need to get his 2 bags and drop them again.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes he is traveling with the same airline - Air Canada on a single ticket.

That's why I am confused. If he is traveling with the same airline then why does he need to get his 2 bags and drop them again.
He is going through Immigration so his bags must be picked up and accounted for. He just puts them on the belt for domestic departures.

Reactions: YVR123