+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deletion of a popular thread - Lack of common sense!

rrajendra

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
Hello all,

Today I received an alert which saying " Your thread October 2017 - Citizenship Applicants was deleted. Reason: Removing double posts."

Saying I am flabbergasted would be a gross understatement! The thread has more than 1200 messages in it, last time I checked! Whatever difference of opinion, do respect people who took time to share their opinions/views/experience with the forum....

Thanks

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Sorry. I remembef the thread. It had useful information. I am guessing too many people open silly ass threads all day

jeuniii

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Aren' there moderators here ? I mean, who's basically overlooking CanadaVIsa forums ? Someone needs to moderate and delete a new duplicate thread immediately !

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Hello all,

Today I received an alert which saying " Your thread October 2017 - Citizenship Applicants was deleted. Reason: Removing double posts."

Saying I am flabbergasted would be a gross understatement! The thread has more than 1200 messages in it, last time I checked! Whatever difference of opinion, do respect people who took time to share their opinions/views/experience with the forum....

Thanks
We all know this is a "free" platform/forum and the owners can do whatever they want. However, that's a very poor excuse to delete such a useful thread. Since it makes no sense to me, I'd speculate that someone who got their feeling hurt contacted admin to remove the thread. Sabotage!!!

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
We all know this is a "free" platform/forum and the owners can do whatever they want. However, that's a very poor excuse to delete such a useful thread. Since it makes no sense to me, I'd speculate that someone who got their feeling hurt contacted admin to remove the thread. Sabotage!!!
I think it could be because whenever someone wants to ask a question or share an update, they post in all 3-4 October threads. Maybe that's what the mods mean by "double posting". But, as I pointed out earlier, they deleted the wrong thread. That thread was the global October tracker. Instead, they should've deleted the numerous other "Post C-6", "Oct 11", "Oct 16-20" threads.

Reactions: vasvas and Goku

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
I think it could be because whenever someone wants to ask a question or share an update, they post in all 3-4 October threads. Maybe that's what the mods mean by "double posting". But, as I pointed out earlier, they deleted the wrong thread. That thread was the global October tracker. Instead, they should've deleted the numerous other "Post C-6", "Oct 11", "Oct 16-20" threads.
I agree. They should have at least checked. They should have deleted one with least message instead did total opposite. Lol

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Here is info to contact moderators of this forum. Tell him politely he will reinstate

Hugo@canadavisa.com

Content Manager / Gestionnaire de contenu
-----------------------------------
The Law Firm of Campbell, Cohen
1980 Sherbrooke Street West, Suite 800
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H3H 1E8
www.canadavisa.com
www.cicnews.com

Telephone: 1 (514) 937-9445
Fax: 1 (514) 937-2618
(Toll Free North America): 1-888-947-9445

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
They should have just locked it but no deleted the entire thing :confused::eek:

Here is info to contact moderators of this forum. Tell him politely he will reinstate

Hugo@canadavisa.com

www.canadavisa.com
www.cicnews.com

Thanks for the information.

Hugo@canadavisa.com

www.canadavisa.com
www.cicnews.com

The moderators information changed but I emailed the new moderator. Hopefully she will see reason.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is unfortunate that main October 2017 applicants thread was deleted. The reasoning provided was 'removing double posts". October 2017 applicants thread should not have been deleted for the following reasons:

1. October 2017 applicants thread was the first thread created (probably created end of September) for October 2017. If moderator determined there are double/duplicate posts, then also moderator should have deleted newer threads that were created after October 2017 applicants thread.

2. October 2017 applicants thread had maximum number of messages and went up to 175 pages. If moderator determined there are double/duplicate posts, then also moderator should have deleted threads with minimum number of messages/pages.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
It is really unnecessary to delete that thread since it wouldn't really take up much space anyway...
But at the same time, it is probably not such a big deal to lose that thread... all the questions asked/answered in that thread had already been asked/answered many times in other October threads or FAQ threads (and still being asked/answered again and again), the rest is just mostly 'I got AOR' or 'Still waiting for AOR', I doubt anybody would go back to page 29 of that thread for something about someone's application being delivered on October 16th and signed by Ryan or Mike...

It is really unnecessary to delete that thread since it wouldn't really take up much space anyway...
But at the same time, it is probably not such a big deal to lose that thread... all the questions asked/answered in that thread had already been asked/answered many times in other October threads or FAQ threads (and still being asked/answered again and again), the rest is just mostly 'I got AOR' or 'Still waiting for AOR', I doubt anybody would go back to page 29 of that thread for something about someone's application being delivered on October 16th and signed by Ryan or Mike...
I understand your point.
I did went back to read all the pages when I was processing my. PR and at every stage went back to read. Some information were provided that was not relevant to me at the time that became relevant so I will refer back and forth.

There seems to be nothing we can do anymore, but its not progressive.