Deleting from work history after getting ITA

Panka79

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good morning everyone,

Im just wondering if we can delete from the work history what we created in the EE profile and was carried over after getting ITA. I have put down skill level C jobs ad I know I dont need them for experience neither I got points for it, but now its asking for proof for everything. :'( All advise would be welcome, thank you :)

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Panka79 said:
Good morning everyone,

Im just wondering if we can delete from the work history what we created in the EE profile and was carried over after getting ITA. I have put down skill level C jobs ad I know I dont need them for experience neither I got points for it, but now its asking for proof for everything. :'( All advise would be welcome, thank you :)
Dear Panka79,

I don't think you can change your profile after receiving ITA. That profile helped you get ITA and thus cannot possibly be changed. They will ask you to prove everything you claimed creating your EE profile, and if you cannot, I don't think they will be pleased. That's only my opinion though. I would be curious to hear others' opinion as well.

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you don't have the documentation to back up what you have claimed in your EE profile, I suggest you decline the ITA, fill out a new, genuinely-answered EE profile, and wait for ITA for new EE profile. You could get banned from applying to PR for up to 5 years if you can't back up an EE profile.

Karolis

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
If it decreases your points you must decline and fix your profile. If it increases your points then its ok.

EDIT

Though on the other hand I am not sure it falls under 'Personal Situation' as per here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/invitations.asp

Panka79

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Im not worried about the documentation, apart from one employer I could find only one. I just simply doesnt want to get my application back, because I didnt fill it out right, putting irrevelevant (skill C, less than a year experience) information.

rams2me

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wouldn't do that if I was you.
Leave the profile as it is. Remember that ITA was issued to your current profile and not the latter one.

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Karolis said:
If it decreases your points you must decline and fix your profile. If it increases your points then its ok.

EDIT

Though on the other hand I am not sure it falls under 'Personal Situation' as per here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/invitations.asp
That's not true - just because of a decrease points it doesn't necessarily mean you will be refused on A11.2 - if you still meet the MEC (ie. points total still > ITA threshold) and program requirements (FSW, CEC) are met then you will not get refused based on this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

Reactions: lino82

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
People need to realise that there are two profiles - EE profile and e-APR

e-APR is what Visa Official works with - if minor details are different

"When reviewing an application, processing offices must determine that the applicant possesses the qualifications that they declared in their e-APR, as corroborated by the applicant’s supporting documentation; and

when the applicant submits their e-APR, the information provided in their Express Entry profile has not materially changed to the degree that the applicant would not have been issued an ITA in that draw."

Basically the Visa Official should only be interested in whether you are getting the correct amount of points to meet the MEC and program requirements - obviously you want to have your e-APR to be as close to the EE profile as possible regarding information but I mean the reality is, people can very easily screw up dates and what not, as long as you don't lose points below MEC then you should be fine.

Just be careful though - how did you know that you didn't get points for that job?

Reactions: ekramece

Panka79

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pziegler1986 said:
People need to realise that there are two profiles - EE profile and e-APR

e-APR is what Visa Official works with - if minor details are different

"When reviewing an application, processing offices must determine that the applicant possesses the qualifications that they declared in their e-APR, as corroborated by the applicant's supporting documentation; and

when the applicant submits their e-APR, the information provided in their Express Entry profile has not materially changed to the degree that the applicant would not have been issued an ITA in that draw."

Basically the Visa Official should only be interested in whether you are getting the correct amount of points to meet the MEC and program requirements - obviously you want to have your e-APR to be as close to the EE profile as possible regarding information but I mean the reality is, people can very easily screw up dates and what not, as long as you don't lose points below MEC then you should be fine.

Just be careful though - how did you know that you didn't get points for that job?
Thanks everyone for answering and trying to help to decide.
When I give information in EE profile I wrote down all my experience (skill level B and C) in hospitality in the last 15 years, not realizing that they asking for only my skill level Bs and above. I got invited in CEC and got 26 points for foreigner experience and that is what I have in skill level A. The rest are either shorter period or skill level C.
They carried over all my experiences from EE profile, and now I need to provide profs for all, and Im just wondering if I need to? After all there are modify and delete buttons for a reason? I could collect profs apart from one for all, but some of them just paystubs or tax form, and as they are Skill C I would rather just delete those so my application would look more proper and organized. I got all the profs for skill level Bs and As and even if for some reason I lose points on my foreigner experience (which shouldnt happen) Im still above of the lowest point in that draw.
Probably Im over-thinking it, but as everyone else I just want it go smoothly. ::) and until Im waiting for my PCC to arrive I have time mull over it ;)

Theo123

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
I am also having this issue. I have about 3 noc codes that are not really necessary and relevant to the application (skill type c). i was advised by some people to just put it to be on the safe side just because canada might question you on the gaps of employment. i put every single work experience for the last 10 years even if i really dont want to. it is quite a big hassle to ask for job reference on all the 8 companies ive worked in. but not my question is, do i also have to put every work experience i had in the job bank profile. should my work experience in my EE profile exactly match the work experience in my job profile?

i would really appreciate it if someone can answer this. thanks!

ekramece

Star Member
May 17, 2017
When I give information in EE profile I wrote down all my experience (skill level B and C) in hospitality in the last 15 years, not realizing that they asking for only my skill level Bs and above. I got invited in CEC and got 26 points for foreigner experience and that is what I have in skill level A. The rest are either shorter period or skill level C.
They carried over all my experiences from EE profile, and now I need to provide profs for all, and Im just wondering if I need to? After all there are modify and delete buttons for a reason? I could collect profs apart from one for all, but some of them just paystubs or tax form, and as they are Skill C I would rather just delete those so my application would look more proper and organized. I got all the profs for skill level Bs and As and even if for some reason I lose points on my foreigner experience (which shouldnt happen) Im still above of the lowest point in that draw.
Probably Im over-thinking it, but as everyone else I just want it go smoothly. ::) and until Im waiting for my PCC to arrive I have time mull over it ;)
I am in similar situation. Can you let me know how you went about this issue? did you modify the post-ITA work history ?

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Hi! If you still have 3 years or more experience after deleting unnecessary info, it's good. You don't get more points for 4, 5, 6 etc years. Try checking it with CIC calculator. You can add delete info after ITA, just make sure your points font go down. Good luck.

Panka79

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in similar situation. Can you let me know how you went about this issue? did you modify the post-ITA work history ?
I left everything as its and just attached an explanation letter

Jamvilray85

Mar 8, 2017
In my Express profile I declared all my work experiences under work history which comes to a total of 8 years experience out of which 6 years is linked to NOC: 2174. Now I am finding it difficult to get the reference letter for the 2 years which is not related to the specific NOC. In e-APR Can I remove this work experience from my work history and include it under personal history post receiving ITA? Note: I still have more than 3 years of experience in the specified NOC so it will not have an impact on my CRS points

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
You can remove work experience from work history to personal history if it really does not affect on your score. You were accepted in CEC, so only 3 years of foreign work experience gives the maximum points. Every work experience which is above 3 years, can not be counted but makes more headaches to get every documents for them.
So your thoughts are correct.
Good luck.
Probably Im over-thinking it, but as everyone else I just want it go smoothly. ::) and until Im waiting for my PCC to arrive I have time mull over it ;)[/QUOTE