+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delays in FBI background check

Venezia84

Feb 23, 2014
I am a Canadian Citizen sponsoring my American Citizen wife for Canadian residency. I have all documents gathered and ready to submit except for the FBI criminal history report which is what we are still working on. We have submmitted prints to the FBI 3 times (twice through a channeler and once most recently directly to the FBI) and each time the prints have been indicated to be of low quality. The FBI has sent back another request to re-submit one set of prints but I am not sure what will make this attempt sucessful after the 3 previous failed attempts which consisted of 10 sets of prints over the past 3-4 months. Is/Has anyone experienced similar issues ? If so, then what are my options ?

chessnut1087

Jan 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
I am in the process of being sponsored as a spouse myself. I had my fingerprinting done for $10 at the local sheriff's office near my home. Did you have someone trained like this to do your prints?

M

mikeymyke

Are you doing them yourself or are you getting a professional? My wife and I did them ourselves and we got our FBi record no problem, but we did spend a long time practicing making prints and we made 5 different copies of the finger print cards to maximize our chances of getting a good set of prints.

Venezia84

Feb 23, 2014
Hi guys, yes I have gone through finger printing technicians each time. We just send the best quality we can.

dei

Jan 14, 2014
My spouse had trouble getting good quality prints in the past, so when we did the FBI prints she had to moisturize her hands every hour for something like 3 days and they came out perfect; maybe you need to prep your hands also, especially in the winter.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Venezia84 said:
I am a Canadian Citizen sponsoring my American Citizen wife for Canadian residency. I have all documents gathered and ready to submit except for the FBI criminal history report which is what we are still working on. We have submmitted prints to the FBI 3 times (twice through a channeler and once most recently directly to the FBI) and each time the prints have been indicated to be of low quality. The FBI has sent back another request to re-submit one set of prints but I am not sure what will make this attempt sucessful after the 3 previous failed attempts which consisted of 10 sets of prints over the past 3-4 months. Is/Has anyone experienced similar issues ? If so, then what are my options ?
CIC will not accept FBI letters that are provided by a channeller.

You have to mail the prints to the FBI directly.