+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delays in educational assessments and its affects on applications

Future Ca

Sep 9, 2014
Hi…I sent my application for assessment of documents in the beginning of Sept to CES, University of Toronto. They received the documents on Sept 14 and the payment charging time is 10 days but to date I have not been charged. I checked with my University. They had also couriered the documents and upon tracking I found out that their application was received by CES on the 15th of September. At that time the assessment processing time given on the CES website was 7-8 weeks.
Now, in October, the processing time on the website is 12 weeks. I have emailed and called many times but they just send an automated reply or put me on an answering machine. No one is even informing me if my application has been checked for processing.
This change in processing time is going to affect my immigration application in a major way. Infact if I get my assessment in Jan 2015, I will not be able to apply in the FSW stream as the express entry system would have started by then and I think they will stop accepting applications in the previous categories. I’m very worried. Can I apply in Jan too for the same category? Pls help. Advise me on what can be done except waiting!

sumairak

Jul 18, 2014
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
In process
Nomination.....
Saskatchewan
AOR Received.
Aug 10, 2015
if your envelope has been received, your card should have been charged by now. this is the first thing they do when they receive our envelopes. email them in a polite way i am sure they will answer your query. many of us are waiting because of educational assessments so be patient and try to solve this issue because without this you wont be able to apply. and yes you can apply again in Express Entry along with your FSW application in process.
goodluck

Future Ca

Sep 9, 2014
i emailed many times and called too..finally i changed the subject of my app and got a reply that my credit card payment got declined..bec i forgot to get it authorised for intl payment...my fault...but couldnt they inform me? i emailed and then they informed me of the status....they are too slow and inefficient!

mwrooney

Aug 31, 2014
Future Ca said:
i emailed many times and called too..finally i changed the subject of my app and got a reply that my credit card payment got declined..bec i forgot to get it authorised for intl payment...my fault...but couldnt they inform me? i emailed and then they informed me of the status....they are too slow and inefficient!
You should have preferred WES.

But good luck for your application

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Though I am in the same boat as you are. I sent my documents in mid august they encahsed my DD on 27th Aug. attested document from the uni were reached in late july (before my application package reached them) but no response as yet.

On a positive note there is no ministirial instructin till date that the program will stop in Jan 2015 with the lounging of "Express Entry". There is a posibility that the program may continue in parallel, and you may be able to apply till 30 April 2015 if your NOC has still remaining places to be filed.

Till then be positive, ElSE canada is not the end of the world. This may be the beiging of whole new journey.