+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delays because of medical reasons; impact on LMIA

jmb08

Nov 15, 2018
Hi! Got my go signal from my employer last October 2018, that I can now apply for my work permit. I collated all needed requirements and submitted my application on the 1st wk of October. After a week I received an instruction on my email for my medical clearance. I went to St.Lukes bocobo extension clinic. Everything went well except for my xray. The staff of the clinic told me that i have to undergo a sputum exam for 3 consecutive days, because their is some abnomality regarding my xray. They gave me a paper with instructions and schedule for my sputum exam. I complied with their instructions and went back to st.lukes for my sputum exam. They told me to go back after 2 days for my pulmonary evaluation. For my evaluation, the doctor told me that my xray showed some abnormalities that it is possible that I have an inactive TB, and i should start medications right away. And this treatment will take 6 to 9 months. My LMIA will be expired on MARCH 2019. By that time im still being treated. Will this effect my application? Will I still have a chance and be approved entering canada? Your response will be highly appreciated. Thank you!