+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

delayed visa decision

naggie

Mar 13, 2024
Hi

What can I do about a delay in the granting of visas for my two minors to accompany both myself and my wife on a fully paid for trip? Both children had canadian visas in the past, including a study permit which they never used because Covid interupted our planned migration at the time. Now we are revisiting that plan, however, a prospective employer is paying for my family to come and have a first hand experience of the context prior to me accepting the job offer. Their visa renal application was submitted here in Jamaica on December 7, 2023. Tickets for myself and wife have been purchased to travel on March 26, 2024 but still no word on children's visas. Please help

nagie

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi

What can I do about a delay in the granting of visas for my two minors to accompany both myself and my wife on a fully paid for trip? Both children had canadian visas in the past, including a study permit which they never used because Covid interupted our planned migration at the time. Now we are revisiting that plan, however, a prospective employer is paying for my family to come and have a first hand experience of the context prior to me accepting the job offer. Their visa renal application was submitted here in Jamaica on December 7, 2023. Tickets for myself and wife have been purchased to travel on March 26, 2024 but still no word on children's visas. Please help

nagie
Processing is around 150 days so they are within normal processing times. There is no delay.

naggie

Mar 13, 2024
Thank You. Wow!! All our previous Canadian Visas were processed in way, way shorter time. Is there anyone whom I may call given the fact that we are slated to be in the country in a matter of days?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank You. Wow!! All our previous Canadian Visas were processed in way, way shorter time. Is there anyone whom I may call given the fact that we are slated to be in the country in a matter of days?
No one to call and no way to expedite just because you bought tickets. IRCC says not to book tickets to travel until TRVs are approved.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi

nagie
If you had pervious immigration plans would be tough to justify that your whole family needs to visit Canada again when you previous were going to immigrate. If this visit is to look for housing for example then will the children not being able to accompany make a difference? Fairly typical for future employee and their spouse to be the only ones to be sent on a visit to look for housing and see the area before moving.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi

nagie
And on the flip side , your children not getting a visa would be the tie on you returning to your country, after your exploratory trip

Reactions: Khadeen