+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delayed Iranian/Middle Eastern Citizenship Applications 12+ (Petition to Sign)

Kambiz2002

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
Security screening is FBI check. Many people who applied for citizenship have been already living in Canada for 5 years and more. And it is classified because of public opinion. They don't want public know Canada has to get permission from big brother for national matters.
Whatever they have to do, they have to do. We just want a timely manner during which they process them.

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
IRCC do not publish any official data on how different nationalities being treated. Only data points come from the people in a forum like here who complained about the delay.
Also, IRCC minister denied any extensive delay in processing Iranian PR applications. After media attention to the case, he came clean and said this:

"These efforts have shown a marked improvement on the overall processing times for Iranian permanent resident applications. Notably, in 2015 the average wait time for Iranian permanent resident applications was 32.6 months longer than for citizens of all other countries. By July, the difference was down to 10.5 months."

Discrimination means someone is treated differently (in negative manner) with no reason (At least the way I think it is).
The minister had to accept the discrimination after Iranians collected many data points and proved them wrong. Once you actually have enough data, you can do the same.

Reactions: Kambiz2002

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
It may or may not be true. And my 2 cents on the security clearance from Iran is that the Canadian Government never publicly announced that they need to verify anything with the Government of Iran. If that's the case then it makes sense for some sort of prolonged processing.
This is not correct. Ahmed Hussen actually mentioned this as one of the reasons why PR applications were taking longer than usual for Iranians.

Kambiz2002

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
Is this petition only for Iranians? Can other nationalities from the middle east sign it too?
The Iranian Canadian Congress is having a petition of its own. You are more than welcome to write your basic timeline and jump in. If the number of data entries is large enough, a petition could be initiated for that particular group. It is just that Iranians were singled out due to the vast amount of info which were followed by a lawyer and then the Canadian Parliament. So, if you think you are from a group which is being singled out for any reason for longer processing times and there are enough data entry points to support that, please do so.

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
The Iranian Canadian Congress is having a petition of its own. You are more than welcome to write your basic timeline and jump in. If the number of data entries is large enough, a petition could be initiated for that particular group. It is just that Iranians were singled out due to the vast amount of info which were followed by a lawyer and then the Canadian Parliament. So, if you think you are from a group which is being singled out for any reason for longer processing times and there are enough data entry points to support that, please do so.
Thank you

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
Wow me too. I am more worried now I will complete 1 year Feb 22,2019 and no test yet
It's a matter of backlog. Many of my Lebanese friends got their citizenship in less than 8 months before the backlog started building up. Now, most applicants in GTA, especially Mississauga, are suffering from delays. All my Mississauga friends who applied in Feb and March last year, including myself, haven't received any test invite yet.