Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
You still haven't crossed the estimated processing time. I think you're a couple of days away from it. Do send the email on Friday/Saturday
When I had applied the estimate was 20 days. I see it has crept up to 23 days now. Very strange and I agree with Manini that this much wait is really strange for a western country. I have had Schengen visa for Europe granted within 3 days in the past.

Now I don't know if I should cut my losses and try to get refunds for my flight ticket and course or wait it out till the last second.

The CAN+ Visa that you are mentioning never heard of it.
You should maybe try emailing them and sending the web form to request your application be considered under CAN+. That way you at least have a reason to jump the queue. From the reply I have got it seems nothing short of a health emergency is a reason otherwise.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Now I don't know if I should cut my losses and try to get refunds for my flight ticket and course or wait it out till the last second.
You're too close to your flight dates. I would change the bookings and not wait it out till the last second

Last edited:

me_su_na_mu

May 10, 2017
I have applied visitor visa for my parents who are put up in chennai on march 28th. Haven't received any update until now except that they have received the application and it is in process. Sent emails to Delhi immigration, filled web forms but haven't received any response untill now.. I wanted them to be here by June and now I'm so tensed as to what to do..

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have applied visitor visa for my parents who are put up in chennai on march 28th. Haven't received any update until now except that they have received the application and it is in process. Sent emails to Delhi immigration, filled web forms but haven't received any response untill now.. I wanted them to be here by June and now I'm so tensed as to what to do..
Did you apply as paper applications or online?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
The visa office for Chennai applications is the Bangalore consulate. However, as you have applied online, any visa office in the IRCC global network could be processing your parents applications.

Do try sending an email + CSE (Web form) to the Bangalore visa office. Mention that you would like to know if any additional document/information is required to make an expedited decision.

A couple of points:
1. Have your parents worked in the army/defense services/police/government department?
2. Are your parents visiting the US on this trip i.e. do they have a US B1/B2 visa + flight tickets?

me_su_na_mu

May 10, 2017
  1. Any suggestions as to how can I proceed Please.. I read in the post that applications submitted in April are being processed now.. but mine was submitted in march..

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
  1. Any suggestions as to how can I proceed Please.. I read in the post that applications submitted in April are being processed now.. but mine was submitted in march..
The visa office for Chennai applications is the Bangalore consulate. However, as you have applied online, any visa office in the IRCC global network could be processing your parents applications.

Do try sending an email + CSE (Web form) to the Bangalore visa office. Mention that you would like to know if any additional document/information is required to make an expedited decision.

A couple of points:
1. Have your parents worked in the army/defense services/police/government department?
2. Are your parents visiting the US on this trip i.e. do they have a US B1/B2 visa + flight tickets?

me_su_na_mu

May 10, 2017

A couple of points:
No my father was a banker and now he is IT employee. My mom is a housewife.
No it's just to canada. They have never been outside the country before. I have not yet booked the flight.
I have emailed Delhi consulate. Will email Bangalore now.. I have already filled the web form for Bangalore.. can I fill it again?

lovykaler

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015 pass
Passport Req..
09-07-2015
Hello everyone....
I applied visitor visa for my parents on 26 march 2017 online.
Today i got email from new delhi office about their interview on 24 May .
Its really shocking for me ..

Now i am really worried about interview.
Why they call for interview?
I submitted really easy application. Everything point to point .

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
No my father was a banker and now he is IT employee. My mom is a housewife.
No it's just to canada. They have never been outside the country before. I have not yet booked the flight.
I have emailed Delhi consulate. Will email Bangalore now.. I have already filled the web form for Bangalore.. can I fill it again?
It's just a simple case of a delay due to a high volume of applications.

It's great that you didn't book their tickets.

No, one CSE will suffice. Do not send another CSE

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello everyone....
I applied visitor visa for my parents on 26 march 2017 online.
Today i got email from new delhi office about their interview on 24 May .
Its really shocking for me ..

Now i am really worried about interview.
Why they call for interview?
I submitted really easy application. Everything point to point .
Interviews are quite rare for TRVs.... but we have come across some cases (including quite recently from NDVO).

What is the interview for?

manini.nerur

May 14, 2017
Hi its been 36 days now since we applied for our Visas online, and we still have not received any decision and no reason given for the delay. I know for certain that people who have applied after us got their Visas before us, but they had gone through an agent. So we had to cancel our cruise booking and lose a good amount of money on that. Well Canada, if you were so keen to increase the number of visitors then this slow and unfriendly system for issuing Visas needs to be reassessed. Thanks to all on this forum who helped me with inputs. Can someone tell me how to exit this forum so I don't get any more mails?