+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in receiving PCC from India

Medini

Mar 15, 2023
Hi,

Has anyone here submitted the eAPR after ITA without getting PCC from India?
Me and my husband are currently in the US. We requested the PCC from Indian Embassy here. While I received my PCC in time, his has not arrived yet. After tracking the application status, it shows that the PCC is available for issuance and is clear, but we might not receive it in time.
Also, We both have received Police clearance from the FBI in the US.

Our deadline is approaching in the next 5 days. Should we go ahead and submit the application with the proofs and LOE that we have applied for his PCC at Indian Embassy? Can we submit the PCC once we receive it afterward?
Has anyone faced such an issue? Did your application get accepted?

Please advise on this. Would really appreciate it!
Regards,
Medini

Medini

Mar 15, 2023
Hey krishislegend,

We went ahead and submitted our application without waiting for my husband's PCC, along with an LOE and all the proofs showing that we have applied for the PCC. Took almost 2 more weeks to receive it.
After 3-4 weeks Our documents were reviewed and we got a request to upload the PCC. We could upload it directly on the portal and didn't have to send it through any web form.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Medini

Reactions: krishislegend

Manisha Bhardwaj

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hey krishislegend,

We went ahead and submitted our application without waiting for my husband's PCC, along with an LOE and all the proofs showing that we have applied for the PCC. Took almost 2 more weeks to receive it.
After 3-4 weeks Our documents were reviewed and we got a request to upload the PCC. We could upload it directly on the portal and didn't have to send it through any web form.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Medini

Hi. Thank you for posting this. I am in a similar situation. Can you please tell me if I should upload the LOE in the PCC column while filling the post ITA application or in the LEO column only. What did you guys do? Should I leave the PCC column blank?

krishislegend

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
Hi, we fortunately received the PCC just before the ITA expiry date, however to one of my post @legalfalcon responded with this :

"
As per IRCC:

In exceptional circumstances, IRCC may accept both of the following:

• proof of having requested a police certificate for some countries; and
  • an explanation of best efforts (not a guarantee of acceptance)
    • In this explanation, the applicant should explain the delay in a document and upload the document in the country-specific field. The uploaded document must show that the applicant requested a police certificate as soon as possible after receiving their invitation to apply.
If you are unable to obtain a PCC before the submission date, you can submit the application with a LoE, explaining how long it would take to obtain the PCC, proof of applying for the PCC, and the old PCC that you have, and why it does not meet the requirement anymore.

As long as you have the above, IRCC will not reject your application at R10. As soon as you obtain the PCC, submit it via web form.

Make sure you include receipts, web screenshots etc. in your proof of applying."

So you can follow this worst case scenario by adding LoE and providing proof attached in the letter like receipts and proof you tried your best in applying for PCC. It still depends on VO and he/she may reject it or approve it, but atleast submitting all these proof you have a chance they may ask for ADR and accept your letter of explanation

Reactions: legalfalcon