+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in receipt of TRV

May 7, 2015
I and my wife applied for a trv to Canada to visit my daughter (working in Canada & PR) and son-in-law(CITIZEN and working)(paper submission) on 23 Feb2015 at VAC pune which was sent to CIC Bangalore on the same day asper E-mail received by me.On tracking it shows"is being processed at Canada visa office Bangalore".On 20 March 2015 ,I sent an E-mail to CIC Bangalore for wich they replied on 23rd that " Further review is needed before a decision can be made on your application. I am therefore unable to provide you with a definitive time frame for finalization. I can confirm, however, that processing is proceeding and there is currently no action required on your part. Our office will be in touch with you directly should we need any further information or to advise of the next steps. Until then, we will not be able to provide any further information regarding your application."

Since I didn't receive any communication,on 20 april I handed over a hand written letter to VAC pune as advised by VFS help line.On 28 April I sent one more E-Mail to CIC Bangalore but so far I haven't received any communication from them.I am a retired Army officer and I have submitted copies of all releavant docs required.WE have travelled twice to UK to vsit our elder daughter during 2013-14 and we have never applied for any other visa or refused.It is not understood why they are neither communicating nor approving our visa.
Kindly advise us.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

As you had applied on 23rd February 2015, it has taken unusually long to process your/your wife's TRVs.

"Further review is needed" is normally stated if a secondary investigation is required to ascertain certain facts.... perhaps, your background in the military/army may be causing the delay for additional checks.... there's a section for this disclosure in the TRV application form.

Your daughter/son-in-law may want to order GCMS Notes.... which could typically take about 30 days to obtain

Hope you get your TRVs soon

May 7, 2015
Thanks Bryanna .We hav sounded our daughter and son-in-law regarding ordering GCMS notes.Let s hope it is approved soon because we hav booked our tickets for 28th May.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
That's great.... you will get your passports tomorrow.... either to be collected from VFS Pune or couriered to your residence by Blue Dart (depending on what you opted for)

Do let us know