+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in processing Visitor Visa

sk1985kol

Apr 11, 2022
Hello,
I have applied online in order to extend the Visitor visas for my kids so my wife and I can take the kids with us when we go back to visit canada. Whenever I initially applied and even now it says that the processing time may take up to 34 days. Is this calendar days or work days? I have applied for the visitor visas on April 18th and still no response to this day.
Any response would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
I have applied online in order to extend the Visitor visas for my kids so my wife and I can take the kids with us when we go back to visit canada. Whenever I initially applied and even now it says that the processing time may take up to 34 days. Is this calendar days or work days? I have applied for the visitor visas on April 18th and still no response to this day.
Any response would be appreciated.

Thank you!
No such thing as extension. You applied for new visitor visas. Usually calendar days and processing times are an average. How old are the children? All you can do is wait. You applied on a holiday (Easter) and today is a holiday in Canada.

sk1985kol

Apr 11, 2022
Wow! This was a swift response.
My children are 11 and 8. They have had valid visas until their passports expired in March 2022. My wife and I have valid visas until August 2024. We are wanting to go back and visit in the beginning of July, since it's been 3 years since the last time we visited, but our children are little to leave them and we want them to be with us. Tickets are getting more expensive as we move closer to travel time...
Your response makes sense though. I'll keep waiting for a few more days I guess.
Any other input would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Wow! This was a swift response.
My children are 11 and 8. They have had valid visas until their passports expired in March 2022. My wife and I have valid visas until August 2024. We are wanting to go back and visit in the beginning of July, since it's been 3 years since the last time we visited, but our children are little to leave them and we want them to be with us. Tickets are getting more expensive as we move closer to travel time...
Your response makes sense though. I'll keep waiting for a few more days I guess.
Any other input would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Just make sure they are fully vaccinated to enter Canada, if approved.

sk1985kol

Apr 11, 2022
Thank you!
Hello,

It's been quite a long time (April 18, 2022) since I and my kids have applied for Visa renewal and I still have not received an answer, meaning the status has not changed for all this time.

Do you have any suggestions of what I should do? I'm planning to travel in 25 days and the tickets are getting more expensive every day I wait.

My wife and I have valid visas until August 2024. We are wanting to go back and visit at the beginning of July since it's been 3 years since the last time we visited, but our children are little to leave them and we want them to be with us.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

"
Applicant information
  • Principal Applicant: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • Unique Client Identifier (UCI): XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • Application number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • Date Received: April 18, 2022
  • Biometrics:
    • Biometrics Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: May 15, 2019
    • Expiry Date: May 15, 2029

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. "

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

It's been quite a long time (April 18, 2022) since I and my kids have applied for Visa renewal and I still have not received an answer, meaning the status has not changed for all this time.

Do you have any suggestions of what I should do? I'm planning to travel in 25 days and the tickets are getting more expensive every day I wait.

My wife and I have valid visas until August 2024. We are wanting to go back and visit at the beginning of July since it's been 3 years since the last time we visited, but our children are little to leave them and we want them to be with us.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

"
Applicant information
  • Principal Applicant: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • Unique Client Identifier (UCI): XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • Application number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • Date Received: April 18, 2022
  • Biometrics:
    • Biometrics Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: May 15, 2019
    • Expiry Date: May 15, 2029

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. "
Honestly, there is nothing to do but wait for a response.