+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in PPR

palak1puri

Apr 12, 2019
My 6 months of wait/processing time for express entry got over on April 27th. Just yesterday I got a request letter to submit RPRF that starts as:

"This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose."

Can someone tell me what this means? I paid my RPRF fee yesterday itself. How much longer should I wait to get a decision? I requested GCMS notes more than 1.5 months ago and I haven't received those either.

Leonard12

Jun 26, 2018
Hello Palak,

It means it's in the final stage. Ideally you should have paid RPRF fee initially, but don't worry.

Is your background check in progress ? Log in to your account and check the status of your application. If it is, then you should expect your PPR email soon.

palak1puri

Apr 12, 2019
Hello Palak,

It means it's in the final stage. Ideally you should have paid RPRF fee initially, but don't worry.

Is your background check in progress ? Log in to your account and check the status of your application. If it is, then you should expect your PPR email soon.
It says that background check is in progress. Would you know how much more time it takes after RPRF?

abeyabiodun

May 6, 2019
Ask your friend in Canada to order GCMS your notes and see what's going on with your applicaiton.
Hello guys, Pls I'm very worried.
I got ITA (sept 2018),
AOR (Nov 7, 2018),
medicals passed (Dec 7, 2018),
biometrics (Dec 10, 2018)
everything has been silent ever since. estimated completion date is today (May 7, 2019), still no word from IRCC. Please what do I do? I'm a single applicant from Nigeria.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hello guys, Pls I'm very worried.
I got ITA (sept 2018),
AOR (Nov 7, 2018),
everything has been silent ever since. estimated completion date is today (May 7, 2019), still no word from IRCC. Please what do I do? I'm a single applicant from Nigeria.
Every application has a different processing time. You should not worry.
Try reaching out IRCC and ask for an update.

abeyabiodun

May 6, 2019
Every application has a different processing time. You should not worry.
Thank you for your prompt response. I got the "READY FOR VISA" mail shortly after I made that post. Here's my timeline:
I got ITA (sept 2018),
AOR (Nov 7, 2018),
PPR: May 6, 2019
Pls can someone kindly add me to the post PPR group. Thanks.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Thank you for your prompt response. I got the "READY FOR VISA" mail shortly after I made that post. Here's my timeline:
I got ITA (sept 2018),
AOR (Nov 7, 2018),
PPR: May 6, 2019
Pls can someone kindly add me to the post PPR group. Thanks.
That's a great news congratulations

khushboosharma

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
Wow! That's a sigh of relief. Thank you so much for your help .Whatever the decision is, I'll surely post it on this thread. Thanks again.
Abhi - did you get your visa?
My AOR was Jan 6, 2019. Medical and biometrics were completed in Feb. The current status is they do not want additional documents and are processing my background verification. 40 days pending on my application. The wait is difficult. Can anyone advise on my case?I am based out of India.

Should I request GCMS notes or should contact IRCC?

Dec 30, 2019
Hey Guys,
I have applied for PR through Express Entry as a resident of USA. I submitted my ITA on April 12, 2019. The decision completion date that's predicted was October 12, 2019. Its been two months since that deadline has been passed. I don't see any update in my profile. Is this usual? I have order for my GCMS and received it on Nov 14th, 2019. It says it is being processed at the Montreal Immigration center. In my GCMS, all the steps have been cleared and it is waiting on background verification check for me and my wife. Usually how long is it gonna take for the background check to be done? Anyone else facing such issues? Thought I can expect a decision in 6-7 months but looks like it is exceeding that timeline. I'm open to any suggestions.

Reactions: Miki21