+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

delay in passport stamping from CIC new delhi

boban d

Jul 15, 2014
hello,
I received an email that my PR has been approved and had asked for passport submission.we had applied for a family PR. my Husband who works n DUbai, came to India for passport stamping taking a 20 days emergency leave. we have submitted it on april 2 2015. the agency people told us that it will take 2 weeks for stamping. we were waiting but we didn't hear anything from them. my husband had no other choice but to extent his leave for another week. we are so worried. we tried ringing up to cic newdelhi office but was in vain. we had also send a mail but no response.
what else can be done for this? how long will it take for visa stamping? please help...

ROBERT.KUME

Mar 4, 2015
boban d said:
hello,
I received an email that my PR has been approved and had asked for passport submission.we had applied for a family PR. my Husband who works n DUbai, came to India for passport stamping taking a 20 days emergency leave. we have submitted it on april 2 2015. the agency people told us that it will take 2 weeks for stamping. we were waiting but we didn't hear anything from them. my husband had no other choice but to extent his leave for another week. we are so worried. we tried ringing up to cic newdelhi office but was in vain. we had also send a mail but no response.
what else can be done for this? how long will it take for visa stamping? please help...
You lucky as there are people with DM and waiting for PPR mail..

nottinghill

May 7, 2015
boban d said:
hello,
I hope you got your passport back in this duration, if not you will be getting soon.
Can you please tell me what is the window period, CIC gives for submission of passport, as you mentioned your husband came with an emergency leave, is it more than a month? Your information would be very helpful, thanks in advance.

kbiju1982

Aug 6, 2015
Hi did you get your passport back. if yes then how many days it took for you. I am also in the same situation, submitted passport to CIC Delhi on 15th June after PPR request. Still waiting for it.Send enquiry to them but no reply. Already extended two months leave so far.

Anybody in forum knows how long it will take.

kbiju1982

Aug 6, 2015
Hello All,

Please always send passport to CIC delhi through VFS Global only. In our case we send directly to CIC delhi and they received the PP on 15th June 2015 and we were waiting since then. Then we send enquiry mail to CIC on 28th July 2015 and received reply on August 24 2015 stating that we have not send return envelop to send passports back and we should contact VFS and pay PP Transmission service. Through VFS its easy to track the PP status etc. We hope will get our passports back by next week. But dont know how many days Visa Validity will be there.

From Kerala applicants please note that our nearest VFS centre for Canada Visa is Chennai, Bangalore and Hydrabad.

Regards,
Biju

nishunepal

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
Winnipeg
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i applied on 8th of july for university foundation through vfs kathmandu , file under processing at DElhi officeand my husband as dependent (TRV).
my husband got medical request in 19th but i didn't.
MY classes arestarting from 4th of september.
I have done many case specific inquiry no reply yet.
M really worried.
Please help and pray for me.

mohitt24

Mar 15, 2018
hello all, I have received passport request letter on February 26th and have also deposited the passports on the same day at VFS Chandigarh.

On 7th March I received an email stating that ( your application has been updated. Please sign in to your account and check your application status and messages for more information). I checked the status which shows that your application was approved in front of Final Decision. Also there were 4 numbers showing expiry date of 23rd June 2019 for each applicant. However, today when I checked my account the Final decision status is changed back to- in progress and background check is also changed back to -in process.

I would request you to kindly provide information upon the same

Sh31Ak

Feb 9, 2018
Hi I got PPR on 12th march 2018, submitted our passports on 13th march in banglore vfs. On 26th march2018
in my Cic account status update stating that passports counterfoil. But , till now no updates about passports .

Sh31Ak

Feb 9, 2018
hello all, I have received passport request letter on February 26th and have also deposited the passports on the same day at VFS Chandigarh.

On 7th March I received an email stating that ( your application has been updated. Please sign in to your account and check your application status and messages for more information). I checked the status which shows that your application was approved in front of Final Decision. Also there were 4 numbers showing expiry date of 23rd June 2019 for each applicant. However, today when I checked my account the Final decision status is changed back to- in progress and background check is also changed back to -in process.

I would request you to kindly provide information upon the same