+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in getting SIN

AMAJ

Aug 21, 2022
Hi All, I arrived on July 18th, visited the service Canada center but they said some information is pending at immigration center and they cannot provide SIN. I have a job in hand but fear may loose it due to this. Please advise the timescales in which you have received the SIN and also if there is any other way to speed it up.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All, I arrived on July 18th, visited the service Canada center but they said some information is pending at immigration center and they cannot provide SIN. I have a job in hand but fear may loose it due to this. Please advise the timescales in which you have received the SIN and also if there is any other way to speed it up.
Did you contact IRCC in July to find out what information was pending? What is your status is Canada? Don’t believe your SIN is being processed if Service Canada said information is pending.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sometimes we see cases where landing was not completed correctly at the airport which leads to problems getting a SIN. You need to contact IRCC to determine exactly what the issue is. You will likely have to be the one to be proactive to get the issue fixed.

AMAJ

Aug 21, 2022
Sometimes we see cases where landing was not completed correctly at the airport which leads to problems getting a SIN. You need to contact IRCC to determine exactly what the issue is. You will likely have to be the one to be proactive to get the issue fixed.
Ya i have been trying to contact IRCC, but the line always keeps getting disconnected, Will continue to call them though Thank you

AMAJ

Aug 21, 2022
Did you contact IRCC in July to find out what information was pending? What is your status is Canada? Don’t believe your SIN is being processed if Service Canada said information is pending.
Ya Sin Program has always just advised application is on process. Still waiting to get connected to IRCC

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ya i have been trying to contact IRCC, but the line always keeps getting disconnected, Will continue to call them though Thank you
Have you tried to call CBSA at the airport where you landed or even go to the airport where you landed if not too inconvenient? I assume there is a high likelihood that you weren’t landed correctly because we’ve seen other similar cases. Would also suggest searching this forum for other similar cases RO see who they contacted to solve the issue.