+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay for my son's TRV

sanju_0504

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
I have applied for my minor son's TRV on 17th March and the application is still in process. We applied online from India. Both me and my husband have a valid PR status and my husband has to join work on 1st July in Vancouver.

@Bryanna or anyone else, can you help us in guiding what can be done to get the application process done faster as we have to make all the necessary arrangements.

Thanks.

bhavcaluk

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have applied for my minor son's TRV on 17th March and the application is still in process. We applied online from India. Both me and my husband have a valid PR status and my husband has to join work on 1st July in Vancouver.

@Bryanna or anyone else, can you help us in guiding what can be done to get the application process done faster as we have to make all the necessary arrangements.

Thanks.
In case the minor son is going to stay in Canada,you may sponsor him

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

Thanks.
It would be best if your husband moves to Vancouver (instead of waiting until July) and starts the PR sponsorship simultaneously.

You can send a CSE/web form + email to the relevant visa office requesting for an early decision. You should include evidence of flight bookings + your husband must start work in July (on Canada Day?!), etc.... this would prove your intent to move permanently to Canada

Reactions: sanju_0504

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is a possibility that your son may not receive a trv. It is quite common because he is not an actual visitor. If you get denied you can try getting a trp but otherwise you might have to be separated while you wait for your son's pr.

sanju_0504

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
It would be best if your husband moves to Vancouver (instead of waiting until July) and starts the PR sponsorship simultaneously.

You can send a CSE/web form + email to the relevant visa office requesting for an early decision. You should include evidence of flight bookings + your husband must start work in July (on Canada Day?!), etc.... this would prove your intent to move permanently to Canada
Appreciate your prompt response @Bryanna , how do I figure out the visa office?? FYI, we applied online from Gurgaon ,India. Also, as of now my husband though being a PR just has a paid fellowship (of two years) with the university of BC and that's why we have applied for only a TRV for our son.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Appreciate your prompt response @Bryanna , how do I figure out the visa office?? FYI, we applied online from Gurgaon ,India. Also, as of now my husband though being a PR just has a paid fellowship (of two years) with the university of BC and that's why we have applied for only a TRV for our son.
Most probably NDVO, but do email CHD as well

sanju_0504

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
@Bryanna ,
I did receive a reply from CIC and I don't know what to make out of it:

Good Day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Please be advised that your application is currently undergoing a standard background check. Please remain patient as this process may take longer than normal processing times.

Applications will be delayed if the visa office has to take extra steps to assess your case for any of the following reasons:
  • Incomplete application(s);
  • Medical exam required;
  • Background or security checks required;
  • Criminal record;
  • Interview required;
  • Verification of documents needed;
  • Mail-in applications which do not include a legible 2D barcode; or
  • Any other factors that may complicate your case.

Please be patient and rest assured that we will contact you if further steps are necessary.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) // CW

www.cic.gc.ca

Our application is only for our 20 month old son, so don't know what kind of background checks are they doing, any help will be really appreciable.

Thanks,
Kirti

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You are applying for a trv but your son is not a true visitor you are attempting to take him to Canada to sponsor him as a PR so it is not processed like a typical trv for a child accompanying their parents who are also travelling on a trv. They have to decide whether to grant you the trv or make you follow the PR sponsorship process.

sanju_0504

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
You are applying for a trv but your son is not a true visitor you are attempting to take him to Canada to sponsor him as a PR so it is not processed like a typical trv for a child accompanying their parents who are also travelling on a trv. They have to decide whether to grant you the trv or make you follow the PR sponsorship process.
True, we surely will apply for his PR once we land in Canada but until then we require a TRV for him..

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna ,
I did receive a reply from CIC and I don't know what to make out of it:

Good Day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Please be advised that your application is currently undergoing a standard background check. Please remain patient as this process may take longer than normal processing times.

Applications will be delayed if the visa office has to take extra steps to assess your case for any of the following reasons:
  • Incomplete application(s);
  • Medical exam required;
  • Background or security checks required;
  • Criminal record;
  • Interview required;
  • Verification of documents needed;
  • Mail-in applications which do not include a legible 2D barcode; or
  • Any other factors that may complicate your case.

Please be patient and rest assured that we will contact you if further steps are necessary.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) // CW

www.cic.gc.ca

Our application is only for our 20 month old son, so don't know what kind of background checks are they doing, any help will be really appreciable.

Thanks,
Kirti
Hi Kirti,

This is a standard reply. Background checks are not *background checks* as such for your 20-month son. Basically, you are attempting to obtain a PR visa in the form of a TRV. IRCC is aware of this. Your son's TRV application is not a routine TRV application.

Has your son done his medicals? Received a request for medicals?

You would really want to either:
1. Have your husband move to Canada asap (he would be moving just a couple of months ahead of his intended travel plans) + start the PR sponsorship process, and/or

2. Submit evidence to prove your husband and you are moving permanently like I had suggested in a previous post

Cheers

sanju_0504

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Hi Kirti,

This is a standard reply. Background checks are not *background checks* as such for your 20-month son. Basically, you are attempting to obtain a PR visa in the form of a TRV. IRCC is aware of this. Your son's TRV application is not a routine TRV application.

Has your son done his medicals? Received a request for medicals?

You would really want to either:
1. Have your husband move to Canada asap (he would be moving just a couple of months ahead of his intended travel plans) + start the PR sponsorship process, and/or

2. Submit evidence to prove your husband and you are moving permanently like I had suggested in a previous post

Cheers
Thanks a ton for your help @Bryanna ... We have done medical for our son and he has passed it !!

sanju_0504

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
In that case, he would most probably get his TRV soon
Thanks a lot @Bryanna, how long do you think we will have to wait for a decision from IRCC on our application? What is the longest time they take in arriving at a decision? We are kind of stuck and cannot plan things.

Really appreciate your guidance and time !!

sanju_0504

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Hello @Bryanna , we got PPR today for our son, what a pleasant surprise it has been!! I wasnt expecting a decision soon and that too a positive one..

Thanks again for your valuable time n inputs !!