+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Degrees without actual time in school

Farox

Jul 10, 2012
Hi

I got a degree that would transfer to 2-3 year education. However I through some circumstances I got to skip the actual school part and directly take the final exam.

For the PR application what should I put here? The actual time of schooling I did (0) or what that degree entails?

(And in case another German speaker sees this... Fachinformatiker Anwendungsentwicklung per externer Pruefung)

Farox

Jul 10, 2012
No one? I am really at loss here. Just received my invite last night and now I am stuck here

Farox

Jul 10, 2012
2 Parts, Practice and Theory. The whole thing takes a whole day (IIRC) And you have to previously create a graduation piece and defend it.

The whole thing usually takes 2-3 years, you do part time school part time you're working at company where you're being instructed. It's for jobs that you don't need full blown academic credentials for. Originally it was for trade skill (carpenters, stuff like that) but now it's pretty much most job that you learn in Germany like that. It's either this or university.

Here is the German wikipedia page in the concept... sadly there isn't one in English so google translate would have to do:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berufsausbildung

I hope this gives an idea. Really don't know how to best put in in my PR application