+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Degree with Unrecognized University

gurjit_d

Apr 5, 2012
Hi,

I am a IT Professional, have experience of around 10 Years. I have completed my Master degree from University which is not recognized by UGC. Its recognized by World Online Education Accrediting Commissions-U.S.A , Unicef International Accreditation Agency for Online Universities ( I.A.A.O.U. ) and the Universal Council for Online Education Accreditation ( U.C.O.E.A.) .

My Question is, if I apply for Canada work permit, will this be accepted or rejected ? the reason I am asking is, one of the Canada Consultant in India told me that you case will be rejected because you have not done your master from UGC recognized college.

Any kind of suggestion or information will be really great and helpful to me.

Regards

info-gc

Star Member
Nov 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not sure how you can apply for a work permit without having a job offer first.

To get a job offer as an IT professional from overseas, in my view, your chances are slim.

Someone here recently mentioned that IT was not on the skills-in-demand list as well.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
IT isn't in the NOC list any more, but there are still jobs being advertised. Check out the JobBank. In order to get a work permit, you have to find an employer who will give you a job offer then apply for the LMO which can take a number of months. Jobs have to be posted for a minimum 14 days and the employer has to show proof that they were unable to recruit from within Canada.
Regarding the unrecognized university credentials...I know of someone whose Uni wasn't recognized until AFTER graduation, so he challenged all the exams at a later date in a recognized university to earn his degree "again". 87% average ten years after graduation, not bad, eh?

gurjit_d

Apr 5, 2012
Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I think Quebec is still open for IT professionals, please let me know if I am wrong in my knowledge.

For unrecognizable University, if I apply for VISA, will that cause any issue. I mean what are the chances my application will be rejected ?

I have contacted few agency in India, they says it will be very difficult and will be risky as my University is not under UGC. So they are not giving any guaranty for the success.

But one of the agent who is in Canada, says there will not be any issue and I can apply without any problem.

Now I am confuse, not sure if I should trust him.

I am sure, this blog and experts on this blog will guide towards right way, which will caution me before I take wrong steps.

Thanks & Regards
GD