+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

degree question

lulykibuly

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
i have 2 degrees:

degree 1: 2 year MBA from Canada

degree 2: 4 year B.tech in Mechanical from India

Do I need to include both the degrees in Express entry?
Please guide

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lulykibuly said:
i have 2 degrees:

degree 1: 2 year MBA from Canada

degree 2: 4 year B.tech in Mechanical from India

Do I need to include both the degrees in Express entry?
Please guide
Not really points for Master's is higher compare to Bachelor or two or more degree options. Upto ITA you don't have to mention B.tech.

Post-ITA you have to list that in personal history section.

lulykibuly

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
ok. but personal history ask for last 10 years. and my b.tech falls before 10 years...so how will i include that?

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lulykibuly said:
ok. but personal history ask for last 10 years. and my b.tech falls before 10 years...so how will i include that?
in that case you don't need to mention it anywhere.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lulykibuly said:
will not that be misrepresentation if bachelor degree is not included...just curious...
Misrepresentation is when you are falsely claiming something or hiding facts on purpose to benefit your PR application. Here neither you are making false claim nor you are hiding anything on purpose. You are following guideline.

1. Bachelor degree is not adding any value to your CRS since Master is higher.
2. As you mentioned you finished Bachelor before 10 years, where CIC is only asking for history for last 10 years.

Still if you have doubt and want to feel safe just mention that in LOE that you have B.tech but for above two reason you haven't included that in PR application.

lulykibuly

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
got it. just curious if i still include bachelor in my EE profile, will that be causing any issue...as i dont need to get the ECA report...

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lulykibuly said:
got it. just curious if i still include bachelor in my EE profile, will that be causing any issue...as i dont need to get the ECA report...
you would have to get an ECA done for a foreign degree . if your using it on your file

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lulykibuly said:
No issue, but you have to provide documents for all education record you mention in education section.( ECA if you are claiming points, Degree Certificate, Transcripts, etc...)

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG_Chakromakro said:
you would have to get an ECA done for a foreign degree . if your using it on your file
That's incorrect statement.

ECA is only required if you claim points not if you mention on file.. In OP's Case he has Master's from Canada so Bachelor won't add any points even if he get ECA done.

He can just create a record and answer No to ECA question.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lulykibuly said:
but i will not be required to do ECA for this degree...as I will not be claiming points
am i right?
sorry yes if your adding it to your file(as in claiming points for it ) in that case you need an ECA .

@batman your right op will only get higher points with masters so in that case no need for an ECA for bachelor's.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lulykibuly said:
thank you folks for inputs.

so in that case I dont need to include bachelor in my EE profile.
i would suggest avoid it , as it will be of no good to your file .