+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Degree ECAs Questions Join here -->> WES / IQAS / CES / ICASC ??

MiteshDodia

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Dear Friends,

Starting thread for those who have questions on ECAs, Timelines and already degree evaluated experiences - please join for discussion and knowledge sharing.

If you want to be added to whats app group, leave a request.

Below I will post some information which you may find useful going forward.

Some FAQ:

Is WES Best organisation for ECA?
There is no “best” organisation to get your ECA because not all ECA organisations evaluate all qualifications. However, many candidates prefer World Education Services for express entry ECAs due to their fast processing time, ease of use and competitive fees. It is probably the most common ECA body used by Express Entry applicants.

Free Degree Equivalency Tool
With WES, you have an option to use the Free Degree Equivalency Tool before you create an account.

**** WES has not listed many Institutions in their database due to several reasons. You maybe able to apply for a credential evaluation even if your degree or institution is not currently listed. You can also e-mail WES asking for clarity and they’ll probably write back with further instructions.

How much is the cost of ECA?
The fees for an ECA report and the length of time to get one vary and can change without notice. Each assessment organization sets their cost for an ECA. For most people, the cost is about CAN$200 plus the cost to have it delivered.

How long does Iqas take?

Status of your IQAS assessment and processing time. Applications take about 12-13 weeks to process after everything is received. This does not include mail delivery time. If you applied for an Educational Credential Assessment for immigration purposes, you will get 3 email updates during the process.

More Tips to Follow....

Thanks and Good Luck with your Immigration Process.

Rijesh88

Jan 19, 2019
Dear Friends,

Starting thread for those who have questions on ECAs, Timelines and already degree evaluated experiences - please join for discussion and knowledge sharing.

If you want to be added to whats app group, leave a request.

Below I will post some information which you may find useful going forward.

Some FAQ:

Is WES Best organisation for ECA?
There is no “best” organisation to get your ECA because not all ECA organisations evaluate all qualifications. However, many candidates prefer World Education Services for express entry ECAs due to their fast processing time, ease of use and competitive fees. It is probably the most common ECA body used by Express Entry applicants.

Free Degree Equivalency Tool
With WES, you have an option to use the Free Degree Equivalency Tool before you create an account.

**** WES has not listed many Institutions in their database due to several reasons. You maybe able to apply for a credential evaluation even if your degree or institution is not currently listed. You can also e-mail WES asking for clarity and they’ll probably write back with further instructions.

How much is the cost of ECA?
The fees for an ECA report and the length of time to get one vary and can change without notice. Each assessment organization sets their cost for an ECA. For most people, the cost is about CAN$200 plus the cost to have it delivered.

How long does Iqas take?

Status of your IQAS assessment and processing time. Applications take about 12-13 weeks to process after everything is received. This does not include mail delivery time. If you applied for an Educational Credential Assessment for immigration purposes, you will get 3 email updates during the process.

More Tips to Follow....

Thanks and Good Luck with your Immigration Process.
Hi,

I done my graduation from vmsu is it recognized by Wes or any other like ices,iqas?

LoneEarthling

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Hi,

Quick question guys.
I studied post-graduate level courses in Mechanical Engineering. But in order to graduate with a degree, I had to complete a thesis, which I didn't, and dropped out.
So now, I have an official transcript with a small stamp on it stating degree requirements not met.

Will WES or ICAS or IQAS or CES evaluate this transcript only?
Any of you has any similar experience?

Thanks.

Manu_mahal

Mar 21, 2022
What address I have to fill in foreign address section of my university transcript evaluation form and do I have to pay for IQAS before applying for transcript in my Indian university