+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Definition of Health Services Field Occupations - Case Type 20

AliinCanada

Jan 8, 2015
Hello,

Can someone please direct me to a definition of what "Health Service Field Occupations" are in context of conditions/ restrictions for Case Type 20 work permit, or a list of which roles are included in such occupations?

I have been offered a job as a pharmacy assistant in a drug store pharmacy and Citizenship and Immigration Canada have been impossible to get hold off to seek clarification on this matter. The potentially problematic tasks of the job include working with a pharmacists in the dispensing of restricted medications and dealing with clients/ customers of the pharmacy, who in a hospital/ general practice setting have been patients at some point.

I did not undertake the health check during my visa application process.

Even if you could point me to the relevant act the govens the Case Type and restrictions, I'd be very appreciative. I can take if from there.

Apologies if this question has been asked before, I used the search function of the this site and the CIC website, but I have come up empty handed.

Many thanks for your time and I look forward to reading your responses.
Alistair

cesedebe

Jun 29, 2016
AliinCanada said:
Hello,

Can someone please direct me to a definition of what "Health Service Field Occupations" are in context of conditions/ restrictions for Case Type 20 work permit, or a list of which roles are included in such occupations?

I have been offered a job as a pharmacy assistant in a drug store pharmacy and Citizenship and Immigration Canada have been impossible to get hold off to seek clarification on this matter. The potentially problematic tasks of the job include working with a pharmacists in the dispensing of restricted medications and dealing with clients/ customers of the pharmacy, who in a hospital/ general practice setting have been patients at some point.

I did not undertake the health check during my visa application process.

Even if you could point me to the relevant act the govens the Case Type and restrictions, I'd be very appreciative. I can take if from there.

Apologies if this question has been asked before, I used the search function of the this site and the CIC website, but I have come up empty handed.

Many thanks for your time and I look forward to reading your responses.
Alistair
I have the same question.

Nkemeugene

Aug 8, 2022
I have a similar question to the one above. But I want to find out if a Shelter and a Treatment center are part of the Health Service Field Occupational sector.
I look forward to responses that will clarify this, thank you.