+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Definition of “living together”

Shn05

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
Hi everyone. I hope someone could help me answer this question. We are applying through outland sponsorship. Is it considered that you’re living together already if you stayed in one roof during the duration of your vacation which is only a month each time? And how would you answer the question why you are not living together?

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
no you are not living together.
The answer is the truth. It can be as simple as because i do not have a trv to go to Canada and live there.

Shn05

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
no you are not living together.
The answer is the truth. It can be as simple as because i do not have a trv to go to Canada and live there.
My husband have visited me here in Canada for a month, is that considered as have lived together? Or not cuz it was only a vacation?

Chutsk10

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Same question, slightly different scenario.

During my relationship with my GF she visited Canada on a TRV and stayed in my appartment for 5 months as she attended some English classes.

I was financially supporting her and we did not combine our affairs but we were living in a domestic type situation with cooking, cleaning, laundry chores etc.

Would this be considered 'living together'. Should it be noted on the application as an address she has lived at in the past?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Same question, slightly different scenario.

During my relationship with my GF she visited Canada on a TRV and stayed in my appartment for 5 months as she attended some English classes.

I was financially supporting her and we did not combine our affairs but we were living in a domestic type situation with cooking, cleaning, laundry chores etc.

Would this be considered 'living together'. Should it be noted on the application as an address she has lived at in the past?
Yes I would consider it living together.

Reactions: TheUltimateLurker