+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deferring to May 2021 while study permit is under processing

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
Hi Guys,

My study permit is under processing since October 17, 2020 for January 2021 intake.

If I have to defer to May 2021, just in case, what is the procedure to inform IRCC that I am going to defer my study program to May 2021. I know I need to submit a new letter of acceptance from the university. However, getting a new letter of acceptance might take sometime I guess.

Does submitting a webform helps to inform IRCC about my deferral?
Please, provide your inputs.

Thanks.

Reactions: studypermitMay21

studypermitMay21

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Hi Guys,

My study permit is under processing since October 17, 2020 for January 2021 intake.

If I have to defer to May 2021, just in case, what is the procedure to inform IRCC that I am going to defer my study program to May 2021. I know I need to submit a new letter of acceptance from the university. However, getting a new letter of acceptance might take sometime I guess.

Does submitting a webform helps to inform IRCC about my deferral?
Please, provide your inputs.

Thanks.
How did you handle this situation and what outcome did you receive? I have submitted a new letter of acceptance to IRCC via webform. My study permit application is in progress and classes began at my DLI on Monday. My new letter of acceptance is for Fall 2021.

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
How did you handle this situation and what outcome did you receive? I have submitted a new letter of acceptance to IRCC via webform. My study permit application is in progress and classes began at my DLI on Monday. My new letter of acceptance is for Fall 2021.
I did not start my course online as it was necessary that I should attend my course physically. My study permit was approved and I am presently at my DLI pursuing my course. But, in your case, you can wait until your study permit is processed/approved and then can prepare for your travel. Even if you were studying online, you can still fly to Canada to continue your course that you paused while studying online.

Reactions: studypermitMay21