+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deferring course and visa validity

Jun 27, 2015
Hello everyone
I need advice from seniors and who had gone through the same situation
I am in india now,my visa (TRV) is issued on 2 nov 2015 with validity until 30 nov 2017.
But due to some medical reasons i am not able to start my classes in this january 2016 intake so i have deferred my course to september 2016 and i received a new LOA (deferral letter) from my college for september intake.On my POE (port of entry) introduction letter there is no entry date mentioned just the validity date is written i.e. 30 nov 2017.There is an line written that you must reach canada by dd/mm/yyyy not any exact date is written.
So my question is that can i go to cansda in june 2016 with this visa because both TRV and POE introduction letter is valid till november 2017..

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Sarpreet Sangha said:
Hello everyone
I need advice from seniors and who had gone through the same situation
I am in india now,my visa (TRV) is issued on 2 nov 2015 with validity until 30 nov 2017.
But due to some medical reasons i am not able to start my classes in this january 2016 intake so i have deferred my course to september 2016 and i received a new LOA (deferral letter) from my college for september intake.On my POE (port of entry) introduction letter there is no entry date mentioned just the validity date is written i.e. 30 nov 2017.There is an line written that you must reach canada by dd/mm/yyyy not any exact date is written.
So my question is that can i go to cansda in june 2016 with this visa because both TRV and POE introduction letter is valid till november 2017..

Technically you can enter with an 'updated LOA' and TRV, but it depend on VO at POE. He would believe more on what system (your UCI) shows.

Jun 27, 2015
Yeah..i know that
but i m confused,because new rules you have to actively pursue studies means you cannot drop semesters,but i think this rule is for those who have got their study permits,that is given at the port of entry in canada..but i am still in india
so whether this rule applies to me or not