+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deferred case

Ashborne_002

Apr 1, 2022
Hello I just received my ppr for September intake biotechnology but I have already requested a deferal for a different program for january intake in the same DLI.

I am eligible for both programs being a undergraduate one. And as of now I haven’t received my new offer letter for january intake.

Could this be any problem?

Thanks in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello I just received my ppr for September intake biotechnology but I have already requested a deferal for a different program for january intake in the same DLI.

I am eligible for both programs being a undergraduate one. And as of now I haven’t received my new offer letter for january intake.

Thanks in advance
If you are planning on taking a new program you must reapply using the newest LOA.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021

Thanks in advance
Take into consideration that the PPR was based on your original program. In theory, the VO analized all of your information through the lens of your chosen program and how does it fit in your life. If you change program after the PPR, I believe you should submit a new SP application.

If you use this Visa and try to enter Canada with an LOA for a different program, I think you are at risk of not being issued a SP.

Again, for future applicants reading this: changing programs and / or DLI with an application in progress should be avoided at all cost! IRCC closed the loophole that allowed you do this easily.

If I were you, I would go ahead with the original plan and study the program you originally intended to study.

Ashborne_002

Apr 1, 2022
Take into consideration that the PPR was based on your original program. In theory, the VO analized all of your information through the lens of your chosen program and how does it fit in your life. If you change program after the PPR, I believe you should submit a new SP application.

If you use this Visa and try to enter Canada with an LOA for a different program, I think you are at risk of not being issued a SP.

Again, for future applicants reading this: changing programs and / or DLI with an application in progress should be avoided at all cost! IRCC closed the loophole that allowed you do this easily.

If I were you, I would go ahead with the original plan and study the program you originally intended to study.
I was not left with any choice. It was either to defer the program to another for jan intake or risk losing my fee of a whole semester and not get a visa.

Additionally the canada.ca websites doesn’t mention anything of program change as long as it is within the same dli.

You should only contact if
-you are changing DLI
-you need to extend visa .. and something else.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
I was not left with any choice. It was either to defer the program to another for jan intake or risk losing my fee of a whole semester and not get a visa.

Additionally the canada.ca websites doesn’t mention anything of program change as long as it is within the same dli.

-you are changing DLI
The IRCC website states the following:

Before you change your school or program, you must meet all the conditions of your study permit. This means you must be:

That means in order to change your program, you must be actively studying, which you are not. You can change schools or program AFTER you have been actively studying. Here is the link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/change-schools.html

Reactions: Simba112

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

-you are changing DLI
Whats a name of the other program you applied? Is that in same faculty or stream?