+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deferred admission after the visa is stamped.

roshan.nair

Jan 9, 2022
Hi!, I am Rohan from Sri Lanka, initially applied for study permit on the 25th June 2021(for Sept intake). Due to the delay in processing visa application, I had to defer my admission to January intake but unfortunately the program was full and the college offered me admission for May 2022 intake.
My document is valid till July 2022(already stamped in my passport), so I have sent a web form request with updated LOA, two weeks ago. I haven’t got a response from IRCC yet. Do I need to reapply again for a new study permit?

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
Hi!, I am Rohan from Sri Lanka, initially applied for study permit on the 25th June 2021(for Sept intake). Due to the delay in processing visa application, I had to defer my admission to January intake but unfortunately the program was full and the college offered me admission for May 2022 intake.
My document is valid till July 2022(already stamped in my passport), so I have sent a web form request with updated LOA, two weeks ago. I haven’t got a response from IRCC yet. Do I need to reapply again for a new study permit?
You don't need to reapply for the study permit if you don't change your DLI and the course.Just upload the latest LOA thru webform for May 2022.They will issue the study pemit starting May 2022 at Canadian POE.Good Luck!

Reactions: roshan.nair

roshan.nair

Jan 9, 2022
You don't need to reapply for the study permit if you don't change your DLI and the course.Just upload the latest LOA thru webform for May 2022.They will issue the study pemit starting May 2022 at Canadian POE.Good Luck!
Thanks a lot for your quick response. So far I haven't got an acknowledgement from IRCC. Do we get an acknowledgment from IRCC about this webform submission? If everything is okay, I am planning to enter Canada by April 2022.

Please advice me if I need to do anything before I enter Canada.

Thank you for helping me out!

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
Thanks a lot for your quick response. So far I haven't got an acknowledgement from IRCC. Do we get an acknowledgment from IRCC about this webform submission? If everything is okay, I am planning to enter Canada by April 2022.

Please advice me if I need to do anything before I enter Canada.

Thank you for helping me out!
Hey, sometimes we don't get the acknowledgement email.But you are good to go,you have done your part.The visa officer will issue the study permit as per the new LOA.Good Luck!

roshan.nair

Jan 9, 2022
Thank you @imansoor, I sent a direct message to @CitImmCanada on twitter, 2 weeks ago but they haven’t responded yet. I am not sure whether I can call IRCC officer directly.