+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deferral inquiry

Hiroshima_14

Nov 16, 2022
Hi everyone. I have a question regarding deferring my admission.

So basically, I was supposed to start my classes in September 2022 but I had to defer to next year September 2023 because my visa took too long to be released.

I received my new LOA and informed IRCC about it via the webform.

Recently, I got my visa approved but it says it will expire July 2023 which is way before my classes start.

my questions are the following:
-Can I still travel and enter to Canada with my current visa? Can I just renew or extend the student visa when I’m there?
-How long will it take for IRCC to respond to my enquiry about my new LOA.

Would appreciate answers about this. Thank you.

Dweep

Oct 3, 2022
Category........
STUDY

So basically, I was supposed to start my classes in September 2022 but I had to defer to next year September 2023 because my visa took too long to be released.

Recently, I got my visa approved but it says it will expire July 2023 which is way before my classes start.

-Can I still travel and enter to Canada with my current visa? Can I just renew or extend the student visa when I’m there?

if your classes are deferred , its not preferred to travel this early. you should wait for IRCC's Response to your updated LOA. most probably you will be issued a new visa for desired length of studies, regardless everything depends on IRCC's response. so all you can do is just wait for that,

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021

Chances are IRCC will review your new LOA but they will not issue a new Visa. You should be able to enter the country prior to the expiration of your visa and your SP should be issued in line with your new LOA. Once in Canada, you can request a new visa for the duration of your updated studies.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Chances are IRCC will review your new LOA but they will not issue a new Visa. You should be able to enter the country prior to the expiration of your visa and your SP should be issued in line with your new LOA. Once in Canada, you can request a new visa for the duration of your updated studies.
They would be entering too early if they entered before the expiry date of their study permit. They could be denied entry. They need to get a new study permit based on their new SlOA.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Would suggest asking for a new study permit based on your new LOA. It may be in the process but if you don’t receive one I would send a webform asking for reconsideration of your study permit based on your new LOA and point out that your old WP expires before your classes start.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
They would be entering too early if they entered before the expiry date of their study permit. They could be denied entry. They need to get a new study permit based on their new SlOA.
I had not realized it said the expiration date is July 23... I thought it was July 24.