+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Defer on Next Academic Intake or continue this coming Fall 2020

enelybur

Oct 28, 2018
So I have been accepted to Saint John campus for BA Marketing course this Fall 2020. Submitted my online application last April 8 but was not able to fly to VACs offices for biometrics here in the Philippines due to Covid and also was not able to schedule for my medical. Aside from VACs offices being closed the commercial flights as well is not yet available. Do you think I will be able to get a visa before September if I will be able to work on my biometrics and medical by end of July? Or it is right to just Defer my intake for next year?

Rayne

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
So I have been accepted to Saint John campus for BA Marketing course this Fall 2020. Submitted my online application last April 8 but was not able to fly to VACs offices for biometrics here in the Philippines due to Covid and also was not able to schedule for my medical. Aside from VACs offices being closed the commercial flights as well is not yet available. Do you think I will be able to get a visa before September if I will be able to work on my biometrics and medical by end of July? Or it is right to just Defer my intake for next year?
Hi,

From Philippines too. Was not able to give my biometrics, same question in mind what will happen on my September intake

enelybur

Oct 28, 2018
What school you've been accepted? I think I will have to decide til end of June to defer or not. When did you lodge your application?

Rayne

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
What school you've been accepted? I think I will have to decide til end of June to defer or not. When did you lodge your application?
March 10 - submitted
March 16 - scheduled biometrics.

ACC in Manitoba, how about you? Do you have a deadline indicated on your LOA?

enelybur

Oct 28, 2018
Submitted April 8
Supposedly will schedule for Biometrics but offices closed. From CDO and unable to go to Cebu or Manila for bio and medical.
Got accepted at NBCC Saint John campus. They posted on their website if planning to defer we have til end of June to decide. So, i am stressed now on what to do considering commercial flights are not available :(

Rayne

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Submitted April 8
Supposedly will schedule for Biometrics but offices closed. From CDO and unable to go to Cebu or Manila for bio and medical.
Got accepted at NBCC Saint John campus. They posted on their website if planning to defer we have til end of June to decide. So, i am stressed now on what to do considering commercial flights are not available :(
Me too, kinda stress for months already. Waiting for Cebu to open. Do you have an agent? When is the start of your class? Mine is on the 31st of August. But need to provide the study permit supposed to be by June 1, however due to ECG GCQ, i asked for an extension. They granted me til July 3. So, more stress to come, I need to provide my biomtrics by 3rd or 4th week of June..

enelybur

Oct 28, 2018
Yes, i do have an agent. Mine will start on Sept 8. Do you think you will be able to get a study visa coz I've read from IRCC that approximately 12 weeks processing time after they receive all the requirements including bio and medical (correct me if Im wrong). How many yrs will you study?

Rayne

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Yes, i do have an agent. Mine will start on Sept 8. Do you think you will be able to get a study visa coz I've read from IRCC that approximately 12 weeks processing time after they receive all the requirements including bio and medical (correct me if Im wrong). How many yrs will you study?
That, I will leave into prayers. I really don't know, need to discuss with the school. Will try to contact them at the end of the month if I can't still cross the border. Actually processing time changes all the time from the start of the quarantine period. From 4 weeks then 8 weeks then 10 weeks, I don't even want to read it again coz it might say that its already 20 weeks. Additional stress.

Diploma, for two years, how about you?

enelybur

Oct 28, 2018
Can't cross border either and just in case I am able to go to Manila or Cebu I am afraid I will not be able to go home directly and possibly be stranded due to flights being cancelled(almost!). Still have 3 weeks to go to decide. Have you read the new news CIC posted?

Rayne

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Can't cross border either and just in case I am able to go to Manila or Cebu I am afraid I will not be able to go home directly and possibly be stranded due to flights being cancelled(almost!). Still have 3 weeks to go to decide. Have you read the new news CIC posted?
Just read the update, I am confused:

I do not have a study permit. Can I still start my studies online from abroad?

Yes. You may start your studies online from abroad without having a study permit. However, in relation to your studies contributing to your future PGWP eligibility, you would need a study permit or a study permit approval.

and

If I start my studies online from abroad without an approved study permit, will this time be included towards a future PGWP application?

No. Time spent studying online from abroad without a valid study permit or approval will not count towards your eligibility for PGWP.

... does this mean that we can join the online classes on September even without the valid study permit? I mean even if there is a 50-50 percent assurance if our visa will be approved or not?

Is this a good news for us?

enelybur

Oct 28, 2018
Yes, you are right, 50-50% chance for visa approval. Personally, unless I have my visa approve then I may possibly attend class online til December if none then I will probably defer to next year.

olayinkaji

Jun 24, 2020
Please how do I defer, I have called the school. I was asked to call them by June 30th to know the situation whether I will get an extension or not. No VFS office is yet to open in my country

Reactions: enelybur

enelybur

Oct 28, 2018
Which school are you, BTW? Mine was posted on their website. Since they told you to call them back by June 30th then you should do so.

Yash1995

Apr 13, 2020
Just read the update, I am confused:

I do not have a study permit. Can I still start my studies online from abroad?

Yes. You may start your studies online from abroad without having a study permit. However, in relation to your studies contributing to your future PGWP eligibility, you would need a study permit or a study permit approval.

and

If I start my studies online from abroad without an approved study permit, will this time be included towards a future PGWP application?

No. Time spent studying online from abroad without a valid study permit or approval will not count towards your eligibility for PGWP.

... does this mean that we can join the online classes on September even without the valid study permit? I mean even if there is a 50-50 percent assurance if our visa will be approved or not?

Is this a good news for us?
Its advisable to defer it rather than gambling it. A study permit is must