+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Defer Admission/ Student Visa

12@Zaman

Nov 28, 2022
Hello. I have got my student visa for the January 2023 session to do my Masters degree from Carleton University. However, my father has fallen severely ill and I don’t think I can leave him alone in this condition. I want to defer my admission to the next semester. Since I have got my visa and payed the tuition fees of first semester, will it be possible to get a deferral? Do universities provide deferrals for any reason other than visa rejection?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello. I have got my student visa for the January 2023 session to do my Masters degree from Carleton University. However, my father has fallen severely ill and I don’t think I can leave him alone in this condition. I want to defer my admission to the next semester. Since I have got my visa and payed the tuition fees of first semester, will it be possible to get a deferral? Do universities provide deferrals for any reason other than visa rejection?
Sorry about your father. You need to ask Carleton as everyone school has different processes. No one can tell you.