+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Defeated

Visa Aspirant

Oct 19, 2020
Hello. My husband and I have passed the 6-month mark in our application yesterday. We are PNP outlanders. I had the feeling that we would receive the message of 'Your application is taking us more than usual to process' wich we actually did.
Throughout this process I tried to be very patient and optimistic but now I feel defeated because our life is on hold and this waiting is never-ending. I have seen people in this forum that received their PPR in perfect timing even during the pandemic so we decided to raise a webform to the IRCC in order to figure out the current status of our application (We didn't have the chance to order the GCMS notes yet because of how expensive they are).

I really feel defeated now and what it scares me the most is not knowing anything at all anymore.
What if IRCC doesn't answer our query? We can't call them because we aren't in Canada and we can't call them from Argentina. We have tried aleeady but it is impossible. What if it takes us over a year to get an answer? This whole Covid situation doesn't seem to get better anytime soon. Should we give up Canada? My husband says no but I am too depressed and I feel like I can't take it anymore

Sorry for the negative emotions.
It took me 14 months for PPR after AOR, and my friend who applied with me is waiting (16th month). Sadly due to COVID, processing is delayed. As per my opinion don't withdraw your application and just stop checking / waiting for PPR email. Just live your life normally in home country and focus on work / family. PPR email will eventual come, try to distract yourself from waiting for it for now.

Reactions: FlorYaskulowski

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Aren't the borders open for Permanent Residents?
Nope. Im a COPR holder and I am not allowed to come to finalize my application. One can only finalize the application after landing in Canada. I guess IRCC will only speed up after the restrictions are lifted.

srvp

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
United States of America
Category........
FSW
Nope. Im a COPR holder and I am not allowed to come to finalize my application. One can only finalize the application after landing in Canada. I guess IRCC will only speed up after the restrictions are lifted.
May I know your country of residence?

Just curious to know, anyone from US were able to confirm the PR via land border .. as I found this under CIC..

"
All other foreign nationals
To be eligible, you must meet one of the following requirements:

• You must be travelling directly from the US for a non-discretionary purpose.
  • You must be exempt from the travel restrictions and be travelling for a non-discretionary purpose"
"

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
May I know your country of residence?

Just curious to know, anyone from US were able to confirm the PR via land border .. as I found this under CIC..

"
All other foreign nationals
To be eligible, you must meet one of the following requirements:

• You must be travelling directly from the US for a non-discretionary purpose.
  • You must be exempt from the travel restrictions and be travelling for a non-discretionary purpose"
"
Some of the posts here described the (soft) landing procedures of people residing in US. I remember some of them got approved after 18 March 2020.

Reactions: srvp

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
A lot of people were receiving PPR after 6 months even before the pandemic.

Just stay the course and try to be patient, my advice to you is don't think about it, just know it's getting processed and focus on the things you can affect in your life at this moment in time.

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Waiting almost 10 months and got ITA in January 2020 , so it is the case for everyone pretty much , I d say only 10% of applicants got their COPR in les than 6 months for the vast majority of us it is taking currently between 9 and 12 months.

As for me I decided to move to another place two months ago as we couldn't wait any longer, if we get COPR we will move from where we are, that's it.

I personally advise you to hang on and be patient , find ways not to think about it and eventually it will come , I feel you because we have been through the same situation with my wife, trust me all the waiting is worth it.

joy857

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
I had to wait over 1 year from AOR to COPR (Dec 2020) - at the time when I hit the 6-month mark, I was sure they would send over COPR, but Covid happened and it became a 9+ months waiting game. My message to you like many others is - don't give up, check once a month on the process if you are urgently wanting to come to Canada, but also understand from all the earlier posts, even if you do get it, traveling will be restricted. Get the GCSM report to get a better picture of the situation - it helped me.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Waiting almost 10 months and got ITA in January 2020 , so it is the case for everyone pretty much , I d say only 10% of applicants got their COPR in les than 6 months for the vast majority of us it is taking currently between 9 and 12 months.

As for me I decided to move to another place two months ago as we couldn't wait any longer, if we get COPR we will move from where we are, that's it.

I personally advise you to hang on and be patient , find ways not to think about it and eventually it will come , I feel you because we have been through the same situation with my wife, trust me all the waiting is worth it.
Yes, people should not quit their jobs until they are allowed to move (COPR + Travel restrictions lifted). At the moment, it is still best to be in a job, and live on.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi! Thank you for your kind answer. I didn't know they were prioritising inland applications. It makes sense. But at the same time it quite doesn't because it seems the borders aren't close for those who have got their PR approved and can show a quarantine plan and a negative covid test result. Do you know something about this? Did you apply for residency aswell? Are you inland or outland? Thanks
Only those who had their COPRs approved March 2020 or earlier are allowed to travel right now to Canada. Everyone else has been told to wait.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Aren't the borders open for Permanent Residents?
Borders are open for permanent residents. COPR holders aren't permanent residents yet. You won't be a permanent resident until you travel to Canada and complete landing formalities. COPR holders can only travel to Canada if their COPR was issued March 2020 or earlier.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Borders are open for permanent residents. COPR holders aren't permanent residents yet. You won't be a permanent resident until you travel to Canada and complete landing formalities. COPR holders can only travel to Canada if their COPR was issued March 2020 or earlier.
I am just curious if IRCC will update their polices regarding soft and permanent landings in the future.
My COPR will expired in Jul 2021, I plan to only move to Canada permanently after Jul 2022 due to work commitment. If IRCC disallows soft landing, I will be in trouble.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am just curious if IRCC will update their polices regarding soft and permanent landings in the future.
My COPR will expired in Jul 2021, I plan to only move to Canada permanently after Jul 2022 due to work commitment. If IRCC disallows soft landing, I will be in trouble.
I have no idea, sorry.

I think a lot of people have this question.

Reactions: joconstantine