+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Default of my undertaking? Pls help....

kristi05

Oct 29, 2016
I have been rewording this every way I can think of to google search this topic and I can find nothing that comes close to answering my question and I hope someone can try to help.

I sponsored my husband and his daughter and they received permanent residency in back in 2009. I still have 3 more years left to sponsor his daughter. Since then, his daughter started hanging out with some bad seeds and has frequently run away from home, doing drugs etc. Long story short, we had to reach out to the Ministry of Children and Families, with whom she is now in care. She is currently living in a foster home. My question is - am I defaulting on my sponsorship responsibilities because she is no longer living in our home? I know she cannot receive social assistance but is she by default by being in the ministry's care?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kristi05 said:
I have been rewording this every way I can think of to google search this topic and I can find nothing that comes close to answering my question and I hope someone can try to help.

I sponsored my husband and his daughter and they received permanent residency in back in 2009. I still have 3 more years left to sponsor his daughter. Since then, his daughter started hanging out with some bad seeds and has frequently run away from home, doing drugs etc. Long story short, we had to reach out to the Ministry of Children and Families, with whom she is now in care. She is currently living in a foster home. My question is - am I defaulting on my sponsorship responsibilities because she is no longer living in our home? I know she cannot receive social assistance but is she by default by being in the ministry's care?
Did anybody ask you to pay for her care? If not, then I guess not. Maybe it is seen more like if she had to be in a hospital etc.

kristi05

Oct 29, 2016
no, nobody's asked us to pay for anything. How soon would CIC contact with me if I was in default? She's been in care on and off for about the past 1 1/2 years and in a foster home since July 2016. I would assume they would have already been in contact? I didn't even think anything of it until now... ???