+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deemed inadmissible previously will this's effect PR APP

Lewalle7

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
my hsnand and I are currently filling out our papers for sponsorship and my PR papers.

I'm from the US he's Canadian.
A few yeas ago I was applying to schools and I was unaware that I needed a study permet so I tried to enter Canada on my passport and was turned away. We told immigration I was visiting then once in the meeting room I told them I was accepted to a school. They told me if i gather the correct documentation i can come back to Canada. I've been back to. Canada a few times, and have been granted another study permit. My question is, on my PR application it says have I ever been denied entry and explain, will this affect my ability to get a PR status?

Thanks

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You have to reply honestly that you have been refused entry. Explain the circumstances, and maybe state you have been let into Canada on later occasions. Having a refusal doesn't help,, but with a lot of proof that your relationship is genuine it should not affect your application too much.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
my hsnand and I are currently filling out our papers for sponsorship and my PR papers.

A few yeas ago I was applying to schools and I was unaware that I needed a study permet so I tried to enter Canada on my passport and was turned away. We told immigration I was visiting then once in the meeting room I told them I was accepted to a school. They told me if i gather the correct documentation i can come back to Canada. I've been back to. Canada a few times, and have been granted another study permit. My question is, on my PR application it says have I ever been denied entry and explain, will this affect my ability to get a PR status?

Thanks
Don't worry, it will not have any effect on PR app.

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived

Thanks
Just be honest because they'll find out anyway and as you said you've been let in after that so don't worry