+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Declining invitation question(s)

eagleeye_a

Star Member
Jan 4, 2017
I'm considering declining my ITA due to some personal circumstances, and withdrawing from ExpressEntry. I had a couple of questions:
1- Is it as simple as clicking on the yellow 'decline' button? or is there something else I need to do, to ensure I do not get picked in the next round of ITAs?
2- Does withdrawing from the pool mean that I will not be able to apply in the future?
3- Any other implications?

Cheers

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
eagleeye_a said:
I'm considering declining my ITA due to some personal circumstances, and withdrawing from ExpressEntry. I had a couple of questions:
1- Is it as simple as clicking on the yellow 'decline' button? or is there something else I need to do, to ensure I do not get picked in the next round of ITAs? Click ITA, there may be a confirmations step, finish it and then withdraw your profile from EE.
2- Does withdrawing from the pool mean that I will not be able to apply in the future? You can apply anytime you want after that.
3- Any other implications? Nope

Cheers

eagleeye_a

Star Member
Jan 4, 2017
A follow up question.

If I decline the ITA, can I get picked from the pool in the next draw, if my points are above the cutoff?

Thanks

smalkawi

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
Reject invitation. Then withdraw your profile before the next draw and you wont be picked up.no implication on future application

eagleeye_a

Star Member
Jan 4, 2017
I am planning on declining my current ITA, and try to submit my application if I get selected in the next draw.

Can I do my medicals after cancelling my ITA? Or do I have to first receive the new ITA before doing medicals?

Thanks