+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Declining invitation of acceptance letter

rachp__

Jan 7, 2019
I am writing this on behalf of my boyfriend who is an Australian that has begun the process for a working holiday in Canada. He has completed the first part and has received his acceptance letter. He has realized that he has made a mistake on the application as he did not add me in as his common law partner. He is unsure whether to decline the acceptance letter and redo the application as he is afraid this will affect his chances of obtaining the working holiday visa.
If you have any information on this it would be much appreciated,
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am writing this on behalf of my boyfriend who is an Australian that has begun the process for a working holiday in Canada. He has completed the first part and has received his acceptance letter. He has realized that he has made a mistake on the application as he did not add me in as his common law partner. He is unsure whether to decline the acceptance letter and redo the application as he is afraid this will affect his chances of obtaining the working holiday visa.
If you have any information on this it would be much appreciated,
Thank you
Can you clarify which stage he has reached? Has he been approved and issued the letter that he would show when he arrives in Canada to get his work permit issued? Or has he just reached the point where he has been invited from the pool and now has to submit the full application with police certificates, etc?

rachp__

Jan 7, 2019
Can you clarify which stage he has reached? Has he been approved and issued the letter that he would show when he arrives in Canada to get his work permit issued? Or has he just reached the point where he has been invited from the pool and now has to submit the full application with police certificates, etc?
No he hasn't been through the whole process just the first stage where he has received his acceptance letter. He is yet to submit his police checks etc. He has the option to either accept or decline this letter, we just don't want it to affect him when we resubmits it again?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No he hasn't been through the whole process just the first stage where he has received his acceptance letter. He is yet to submit his police checks etc. He has the option to either accept or decline this letter, we just don't want it to affect him when we resubmits it again?
Then all he needs to do is decline. No impact on future applications.

Reactions: rachp__

rachp__

Jan 7, 2019
Then all he needs to do is decline. No impact on future applications.
He has now declined the acceptance letter. He needs to delete his profile to start a new one but he does not have any of the options to do so? How should we go about this?