+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decling ITA and Reapply or Take My Chances?

May 10, 2018
Has anyone else declined their ITA and reapplied? My express entry profile was auto updated to say I had been working for 1 year in April - allowing me enough points to be accepted and offered an ITA, despite me not having officially been at my work for 1 year until May. The lawyers I went to inititally (who I am not all too please about), have suggested I decline and reapply now officially having been at work for 1 year incase I am declined on a technicality. Has anyone else been in this position? I have just over 2 months left on my Working Holiday Visa so am concerned about the timing of this and being invited again. On the other hand I am worried I would pay all of the appication money and be declined. Currently sitting at 447 points...

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Has anyone else declined their ITA and reapplied? My express entry profile was auto updated to say I had been working for 1 year in April - allowing me enough points to be accepted and offered an ITA, despite me not having officially been at my work for 1 year until May. The lawyers I went to inititally (who I am not all too please about), have suggested I decline and reapply now officially having been at work for 1 year incase I am declined on a technicality. Has anyone else been in this position? I have just over 2 months left on my Working Holiday Visa so am concerned about the timing of this and being invited again. On the other hand I am worried I would pay all of the appication money and be declined. Currently sitting at 447 points...
I would suggest you to decline and go in to the pool as well. Because there is a technicality that you did not meet the minimum entry criteria at the time of your ITA.

tulipz

Apr 4, 2016
I got an ITA in the 25th April draw. I declined it earlier this week and went into the pool straightaway after making changes. Got an ITA again in Wednesdays draw :)

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
If this is the only experience you have and if its affects your eligibility, then decline. If you have other work experiences too which helps you in meeting the MEC (minimum eligibility criteria), then you can hold on to the ITA and apply once you complete the 1 year work experience in May.