25-03-2016
Med's Done....
08-04-2016
Passport Req..
21-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
Guys,
I just declined my ITA 4 days before it expired because I hadn't picked the correct NOCs and didn't want to take a chance. My points stand at 466 so I hope to get another ITA in february. I have some questions especially with the positions I've held.

1. I have a masters degree and a total of around 6 years of experience. Here are the positions in order:

QA Engineer - 1 year 7 months
Associate software engineer - 1 year 7 months
Software Engineer - 1 year 11 months
Senior consultant II - 3 months
Senior Software Engineer - 1 year 3 months

The QA position mostly involved testing so that will be a different NOC. The Associate software, software and senior softwar engieers will all fall under the same NOC but the senior consultant involved a different set of responsibilities. My question is, since I already have 3 years with just the software engineer positions which gives me maximum points, Can I leave out the consultant position and the QA Engineer from my profile? Would there be questions raised about the gaps in work history if I leave it out?

2. My bachelors degree is in mechanical engineering and my masters degree is in industrial engineering. My primary NOC will definitely be computer science related. Will they reject my application because my education is different from my area of work? I did have a few computer science related courses in my masters degree, so if I somehow highlight that, would that make a difference? If yes, then can I submit an LOE for it?

3. In the personal activities section, do I have to enter all the places I worked in and the universities I studied in? From question 1 above, if I can leave out some of the positions, do I have to mention it in the personal details section in the fsw application or can I leave it out? If I do mention it, would that throw a red flag because of the mismatch between the work history section and the personal activities section?

Thanks in advance for helping out. I would be totally lost without this forum :)

thenewbie

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Yes, can be left out. There's no special criteria which forces applicants to always be working at any given period of time. General rule here is to include only work experience for which you have sufficient proof.

2. No need to worry, there's no relation between education & work experience. Unless special cases where certain education is mentioned as "Mandatory" under their NOC description.

3. Absolutely mention everything under your Personal Activity. Again no special criteria where it says personal & work history must completely match.

ashwin027

Oct 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
Med's Done....
08-04-2016