+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decline ITA because of TRF date post-ITA

Nobadi

Oct 18, 2020
Hello,

I entered the pool on October 13th, filling the IELTS results with the TRF number and scores I got online, and putting date of result as October 12th (the date I got my results online). I got picked in the October 14th draw and received an ITA. I later received, the following weekend, the hard copy of the IELTS TRF and it states October 14th in the date it was Issued.

Question: Would this pose a problem with IRCC? Technically, the validity of the scores of IELTS start on the day of the exam, so my score was valid when I entered the pool and when I received my ITA. Should I decline my ITA and wait for the next draw?

Thank you in advance.

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
No, don't decline the ITA. Just explain in your LoE exactly what you explained above. Your scores are what you claimed and you got invited based on the points you got because of that score. There is no problem, just make sure you upload your IELTS TRF. Even though they do not ask you to upload it, make sure you upload it nonetheless along with your educational documents.

EDIT: Actually, post-ITA you can edit your dates. The date you took the test remains the same and needs no editing. Just edit the answer to the question that asks when your results became available to whatever date is printed on your TRF.

Reactions: Nobadi and ayeetee