+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decline invitation or continue application after changing arranged employment

Verlin

Jun 10, 2021
For the last few weeks I've been searching for information on what to include for Offer of Employment for a current employer. It's been tremendously frustrating and infuriating and I've only found contradictory advice and no real answers...so I'm thinking that I should just go into my profile and change the answer for if I have Arranged Employment to NO. I would lose 50 points, but I would avoid my application possibly being rejected because I put the wrong document for as an Offer of Employment.

Even thought I'd lose 50 points, I'd still well above the cutoff point for the draw (CEC) I was invited from. Would it cause a problem with the immigration officer to change the arranged employment answer and then still submit my application, or should I decline the invite, change my profile, then go back into the pool and wait to be invited again?

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Scroll a bit to find your answer .... Also I have copied verbatim ....

Letter of offer from the employer

Purpose

To confirm an applicant's qualifying offer of arranged employment, to validate that the applicant meets program requirements and to screen for concerns of fraud

Document requirements

• This document is required only if the applicant claims to have aqualifying offer of arranged employment.
• A letter from the employer(s) offering the job in Canada is required, and it must be printed on company letterhead and include the applicant's name, the company's contact information (address, telephone number and email address), and the name, title and signature of the applicant's proposed immediate supervisor or personnel officer; and include the following details: expected start date, commitment that the applicant will be employed on a continuous, paid, full time work, for work that is for at least one year after issuance of a permanent resident visa, job title, duties and responsibilities, current job status (if current job), number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits.

If the there is an associated Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to the offer of employment, the LMIA number is requested as part of the application.

• A scanned copy of the LMIA is not required when submitting the e-APR but may be requested by IRCC at a later date.

Individuals who must submit this documentation:
The principal applicant

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
Sharing information, in case required:

Letter of employment = letter of reference.

Sometimes people use "letter of employment" to specifically refer to current employer.

Offer of employment is different -
It is a required document to claim the 50/200 bonus points for having a "valid job offer." The letter must indicate that you will be employed for at least one year after becoming a permanent resident (or that you have permanent, full-time employment).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

If the future job offer is included in the letter of employment, the same letter can be used for both.

Employment records are the supporting documents (e.g. T4, NOA, record of employment, contracts, paytubs if necessary, etc.)

Verlin

Jun 10, 2021
Sharing information, in case required:

Letter of employment = letter of reference.

Sometimes people use "letter of employment" to specifically refer to current employer.

Offer of employment is different -
It is a required document to claim the 50/200 bonus points for having a "valid job offer." The letter must indicate that you will be employed for at least one year after becoming a permanent resident (or that you have permanent, full-time employment).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

If the future job offer is included in the letter of employment, the same letter can be used for both.

Employment records are the supporting documents (e.g. T4, NOA, record of employment, contracts, paytubs if necessary, etc.)
Ok, so I asked my current and previous employer for a letter of employment (title, pay, benefits, reponsibilies, etc.) and that was no problem.

I also asked them for a letter that lists my NOC, stating that I am permanent, full-time continuous, along with all the other information that was also in the letter of employment.

This seems to meet all of the requirments laid out by the CIC for arranged employment except I am hung up on the word "Offer." It isn't so much a job offer, but a letter stating that I will continue to be employed past the time of my receiving permanent residence. Since I have already had the permanent job for over a year, they can't write me a new Offer Letter. I work at a Univeristy and the job is tenure track and LMIA-exempt.

What I can't really find a solid answer for is if this is acceptable to use for my Letter of Offer or there has to be specific language saying that they are "offering" me a job. They cannot offer me my current, permanent job again!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Ok, so I asked my current and previous employer for a letter of employment (title, pay, benefits, reponsibilies, etc.) and that was no problem.

I also asked them for a letter that lists my NOC, stating that I am permanent, full-time continuous, along with all the other information that was also in the letter of employment.

This seems to meet all of the requirments laid out by the CIC for arranged employment except I am hung up on the word "Offer." It isn't so much a job offer, but a letter stating that I will continue to be employed past the time of my receiving permanent residence. Since I have already had the permanent job for over a year, they can't write me a new Offer Letter. I work at a Univeristy and the job is tenure track and LMIA-exempt.

What I can't really find a solid answer for is if this is acceptable to use for my Letter of Offer or there has to be specific language saying that they are "offering" me a job. They cannot offer me my current, permanent job again!
@legalfalcon .... Over to you sir ;)
Please advise

When you cannot meet the requirements of IRCC directly, you can meet them by secondary documentary evidence and circumstantial evidence supported by a LoE.

IF you claimed points for job offer, and your employer is not willing to write the words as required by IRCC, you can submit letters that should that your job is full time, continuous, tenured and explain it in LoE.

Verlin

Jun 10, 2021
When you cannot meet the requirements of IRCC directly, you can meet them by secondary documentary evidence and circumstantial evidence supported by a LoE.

IF you claimed points for job offer, and your employer is not willing to write the words as required by IRCC, you can submit letters that should that your job is full time, continuous, tenured and explain it in LoE.
Ok great, I have a letter from my employer saying that my job is full-time, and continuous and not a term position. So, I should be ok with submitting that as my Offer of Employment.